The Cheery Waffle Thread: Some will understand, losers will post in the peng thread.

Hehehe, me and the missus got new mountain bikes this year. Full suspension Specialized. Sweeeeeeeet.

Took her mountain biking a couple of weeks ago when we went camping. Long story short: she crashed (slowed down and fell over before getting out of clips) and claimed she was gonna walk down the hill, it was too steep, blah, blah, whimper, cry.

I told her if she did I was selling her bike and buying some nice knitting needles. :eek:

Anger is a great motivator, she made it back down no problem....and she is talking to me again, so I guess it wasn't THAT bad. :D

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

Picked up some new socks too. They say, "Your bike sucks" across the back. Leave the losers will a nice happy feeling as I blow past them up or down hill. :mad: :mad:

Bike p@rn! Nice rig. So p*ssing her off was the key? I have long given up trying to find a woman stupid enough to mountain bike (it is very rocky and technical here). I have a hard enough time finding any woman stupid enough to go out with me!

This is my rig, except I have a Fox front shock. Sweet ride.

cjekyll700leftyyellow.jpg

Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

Picked up some new socks too. They say, "Your bike sucks" across the back. Leave the losers will a nice happy feeling as I blow past them up or down hill. :mad: :mad:

Bike p@rn! Nice rig. So p*ssing her off was the key? I have long given up trying to find a woman stupid enough to mountain bike (it is very rocky and technical here). I have a hard enough time finding any woman stupid enough to go out with me!

This is my rig, except I have a Fox front shock. Sweet ride.

cjekyll700leftyyellow.jpg

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

I went over the handlebars and landed with my full body weight on my right hand. I think that I just seriously bruised my palm.

Well, at least you have your left hand for a back up date. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

I went over the handlebars and landed with my full body weight on my right hand. I think that I just seriously bruised my palm.

Well, at least you have your left hand for a back up date. </font>

Ok, your bike doesn't suck W&C....but your gaming skilz do. :mad:

Beauty of NoCal, you can get as technical as you like, cruise fire roads, or hop the ski lift in the summer for some screaming downhill runs. Lots of variation.

And no, I wouldn't recommend provoking women to anger as a training aid. I as said we were going camping (that means drinking) and the missus wanted to tool around. I warned against it because I knew what we were up against, her limited skill on a mountain bike and that it would curtail my drinking. Typical, reason went right out the window and we have to the haul the bikes along.

I am a firm believer in the philosphy that if you can ride up it, you can ride back down it. Plus, bike shoes are feckin' dangerous to walk in.

On the flipside, she wants me to learn how to ride horses. Hhhmmm, wonder if this is a 'payback' kinda thing?

Ok, your bike doesn't suck W&C....but your gaming skilz do. :mad:

Beauty of NoCal, you can get as technical as you like, cruise fire roads, or hop the ski lift in the summer for some screaming downhill runs. Lots of variation.

And no, I wouldn't recommend provoking women to anger as a training aid. I as said we were going camping (that means drinking) and the missus wanted to tool around. I warned against it because I knew what we were up against, her limited skill on a mountain bike and that it would curtail my drinking. Typical, reason went right out the window and we have to the haul the bikes along.

I am a firm believer in the philosphy that if you can ride up it, you can ride back down it. Plus, bike shoes are feckin' dangerous to walk in.

On the flipside, she wants me to learn how to ride horses. Hhhmmm, wonder if this is a 'payback' kinda thing?

In a society conditioned to accept firearms, provoking women to anger is bad. I have taught my wife how to check for load, load, fire, and clear every weapon I have(28 or 29)for household safety. Have I happened to mention to her every day how much I love her? Danged skippy!

In a society conditioned to accept firearms, provoking women to anger is bad. I have taught my wife how to check for load, load, fire, and clear every weapon I have(28 or 29)for household safety. Have I happened to mention to her every day how much I love her? Danged skippy!