Problem with font in CM (screenie)

I must confess that I just installed CM again and I was stupid enough to put in a bunch of mods without starting the original game to check if everything was alright.

I get in and the font is all messed up. It's like this for the opening screen and the briefings and even the font in the game is off.

All the mods that I installed were listed in Mad Matt's mod guide so I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the mods themselves.

Check it out-anyone got any ideas?

CM.JPG

The first thing you might try is yanking out all the mods and putting the original textures from the CD back in and see what that does. As a last resort, you could trash the whole game folder and start from scratch. Maybe someone else will have an idea that falls somewhere between those two extremes.

Good luck.

Michael

And we have a winner!!!!!

Thanks Wacky smile.gif

I'm pretty sure I didnt delete anything so I dont know how those files disappeared.

The only problem now is that when I get in the game some of the words on the interface at the bottom seem to flicker a little.

not too bad-but not exactly the way it should

The words like "GO" flicker a little

As TerrorX guessed... this isn't a font corruption problem with a mod, but a driver issue. I'd guess that you're either running Windows 2000 or XP and you have an NVidia based video card. The drivers that come with the OS and anything available before the 26.xx series will give you this 'transparent white' (which is why the text looks like it is messed up in your screen capture).

The latest NVidia drivers are v. 28.32 and should work fine with everything but motherboards based on the ALI Magik 1 chipset for AMD CPUs (something you most likely won't have to worry about).

Shoot yourself now! I've been wrestling with this problem for ages. Schrullenhaft and Captain Wacky have both been a big help, actually, so listen to them and you will be ok. Lucky the problem is only confined to some flickering graphics. You will notice the tranparency problems only occur once you have entered the 3D world; you are fine until then. When you restart CM, the problem goes away until you re-enter the 3D world.

• 4 weeks later...

harry flashman - have you installed one of the interface mods, like Deanco's ? If so then you'll want to replace one of the fonts that come with that mod with the default one on the CD instead. This thread shows a picture of what one recent player is seeing and I assume you're having the same problem (this player is using the Deanco interface mod - you can quickly tell by the button graphics/colors).

• 2 weeks later...