Thing cease to amase me

Spears

In a fight earlier i ordered a bomber it dropped 90-5LBS of bombs onto a enemy position ... wow ....... i belive it was a H111 of some sort .... in the same game my panzer III`s obliterated trenches with canister from 60-80m again i was amazed and so was my opponent (seanzino) to see how devestating this is. One shot wiped out a entire vickers crew. Then finished the platoon with twoshots of canister, which also flew over the trench and hit an unseen portee to my amazment 31 casualties and a portee with 3 shots of canister.

I have a game going on where I have two Pz IV F's firing at British infantry in palm trees about 100 meters away but neither has used cannister in two turns of firing. The manual says it is used at 200 meters or less.

Is there an optimum range that crews will use cannister? Or is it like AP and tungsten and left up to the judgement of the crew as to which type of ammo to use?

It's up to the judgement of the crew, and IIRC there's a strong negative factor for using it against troops in any kind of cover.

So a P3 using it (I presume it was a -N model with the short 75) on entrenched troops is lucky.

However the effect is not - if it hits infantry it massacres them - no questions, no pack drill.