QB's in CMx2

With the PBEM issue having been talked to death, I was wondering if Steve could throw out any clues as to the development of QBs in the new engine.

Somewhat harshly critcised, unfairly IMO, they represented the opportunity to generate endless battles as defined by the player.

Admittedely they were somewhat restrictive but with some extra features, I feel that they could be an important part of the next generation of CM

Quick Battles are one of the most important cornerstones of Combat Mission. I play them almost exclusively.

The idea that you can purchase your own units that end up making a fair and balanced battle is a terrificly wonderful idea. ---Especially for Meeting Engagement types. This cannot be underestimated. In my opinion, it rates up there with We-go.

Originally posted by Andreas:

I like Denwad's idea. Not that I ever play QBs, but this sounds much better than the current system.

Kinda the way some of us do it anyway.

The current system allows those of us that are slightly groggy to generally follow reality while also allowing the ladder guys to weird out their force mix.

That said, I believe point systems in games can cause more problems than they solve. I understand how in QB terms a Panther is "more expensive" than an M4A1 Sherman that is "more expensive" in turn than a T-34M41, but quantifying such things in detail strikes me as overly subjective.

-dale