Terrain Base BMPs?

Sanok

Originally posted by _UXcva:

Er, did you mean the BMP #s for the terrain tiles e.g. 1470-1489 is deep snow etc.?

I need the BMP numbers for things like woods, tall pines, brush, etc.

I can look at them in the game BMP folder, but it's hard to find them all, and it's difficult to tell some of them apart.

Originally posted by _UXcva:

AFAIK, there isn't a list for terrain elements. I use this crude method: go to cmmods, do a search for e.g. brush and look at the BMP numbers after clicking the "download file here" link. Or download the file then compare with existing BMPs in Data folder.

I was afraid I'd need to do that. lol

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but what the heck I will bump it with a question of my own.

Thats a great list j2d, but is there also a list that has all man made terrain stuff? Like building and wire, pillboxes, trenches.

I know I can go through all the stuff on cmmods and I will, just hoping there was list out there

On a Windows PC, I learned by opening My Computer, then the C: drive, then the game folder, then the bmp folder, and selecting "thumbnails" from the "views" list.

Then I scrolled down the page looking at all the pictures.

PBs are in the 300s, buildings in the 6000s, uniforms 9000s, and so on.

Winter uniforms are 59000s like AFVs but buildings throw a curve. Summer 6000s, damaged 6100s, winter 6500, damaged 6600.

PBs winter CMBO started with 340 and winter 10340 but CMBB and CMAK went to 50340 but the last CMAK patch put them back to 10340. For CMAK only. Confused??? If you find a CMAK PB mod from before the patch, you must renumber the 50340s to 10340s.

CMAK desert starts with 30000 so buildings are 36000s, PBs 30340s.

In the 1200s you will find all kinds of goodies.

Jeez I stepped out for a second and you guys go apeShirt.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on modding. I guess just for resources and doing quick BMP lookups on cmmods since sometimes not all the mods show up in a search, but they do if you look em up by bmp number.

Will the fallw mod look good in Italy winter? Or do you have Stalin waving from a balcony in the building mods? I have seen the Fallw mod and I am sure I will insert it asap as I am just starting to mod CMBB, took forver just to do cmak. Sorting and finding mods and even having to create that stummel for DAK.

On the whole TOW thing. I have to agree, I do play RTS, but after playing Combat mission I am hooked on the turn based strategy., Just more time to think and really feel the results of you actions, especially when you PBEM over a couple of weeks/days. Gives you something to think about before bed to get the stress out of yer head. A great hobby too. I have actually shelved all the game si had been playing in favor of CM and all the side projects. It just feels like a real hobby for the first time since I used to paint miniatures in Jr. High.

I am sure I will play TOW, and enjoy modding it if it is possible with having a degree from Guildhall. But he whole time I am sure I will be thinking... man I wish CM would update to graphic like this. I mean they have the engine and stats, just gimme some blank model and we can finish the game out in the modding community. Oh well, I am sure we will get anew version someday that looks bad arse.