New Hi-res watery marsh mod

Over at The best little modhouse in Ohio

Works in CMBO and CMBB too. For CMAK, it will only show up in Italy and Crete.

It's much wetter than the stock marsh, and even comes with lily pads and a few dead branches here and there.

marsh2.jpg

I tried to make the water look shallower towards the coastal areas, and deeper towards the middle.

marsh1.jpg

Thanks to Juju again for his usual helpful comments and testing.

There are about 70 species of water lily, distributed mainly through North and South America. Some species, especially the fragrant water lily (Nymphaea odorata), are known to be invasive, often covering an entire pond within a year or two and crowding out practically all other aquatic macrophytes. The fragrant water lily, with its large, flattish leaves and yellowish-white flowers, was a popular ornamental plant in Victorian-era gardens and was often imported to England and the Continent for this purpose. Consequently, it's entirely possible that WW2 Italy saw infestations of its bodies of water with fragrant water lily. (In addition, the Emilia-Romagna region of northern Italy [containing the towns of Bologna, Parma, and Modena] today considers the fragrant water lily to be a pest of primary importance). So, Tanks probably isn't wrong in adding water lilies to his swamp mod ...

Finally I can put my biological training to use :D