Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Latest CNN Poll: Peng Gets Challenged. Conservatives Rejoice!

Originally posted by rleete:

Mostly, it started after I stopped playing you.

Intimidated you that much, eh Roger? Understandable. You're such a simple waif.

I am taking a large maul and an axe. For firewood (and to settle wargame disputes). Changing the locks won't help. Didn't you see "The Shining"?

You mean the one with the hopelessly miscast Jack Nicholson as the father and "Olive Oyl" as the equally miscast wife? It's probably your favorite movie.

p.s. How long did it take you to figure out "redrum"?

.(SPOILER!)

(It's "murder" spelled backwards because the kid sees it in a mirror!)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie sucks, agreed. I just used it as a visual aid, 'cause I know you can't follow along without pictures.

Off to all-night wargaming in the woods (Axis & Allies, D-day edition), and lots of beer and no wives to tell us to stop arguing and go to bed.

Pum pum pa PUM! Pum pum pa PUM! Pum pum pa PUM!

I, Sir Joe Shaw, Seniour Seniour Knight of the Cesspool, Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House ... GO FORTH TO BATTLE!

I'm buckling on my greaves, taking shield in hand, wrapping sword belt around waist and girding my loins ... hang on, I've got un-wrap, un-take and un-buckle first, maybe I need a checklist before I try this again, I always get the order wrong ... there we go ... hang on ... that girding is tricky, you can get pinched if you're not careful.

There ... I'm off to complete TURNS ... wish me luck lads.

Joe

Nidan1 I DO know best ... and I know best for Boo Radley too. I feel that I've neglected the tyke in my travels and left the burden of the Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread on shoulders too thin to support that awful weight.

I'm not going to do anything about THAT of course, but I do have a way to make amends. Boo Radley, true and faithful servant that you have been in your role of Junior Justicar Pro Tempore De Jure of the Peng Challenge Thread ... okay then, as true and faithful as you CAN be ... here's MY gift to you:

A NEW GAME TO PLAY!

pttm_box.jpg

Eighteen WHEELS OF GLORY Boo ... YEEE HAWWW! Just the ticket for that Ohioan dreaming of bigger and better things ... like ... Indiana maybe ...

FEEL THE POWER! LIVE THE DREAM!

Take your show on the road. Drive your rig to make it big and build your business. Money talks - when you’re in charge, let the drivers to their job while you count your cash. You’re not only a trucker, you’re a tycoon.

Didja get that Boo? YOU'RE IN CHARGE! No more taking orders from THE MAN, it's Boo givin' the orders and countin' that cash. You Boo Radley YOU are a ... TYCOON! Yeah, baby, TYCOON Boo, sounds right good don't it bubba?

But that's not all,

You own up to 35 trucks and you own the road.
When you're screaming down the road on eighteen wheels and a'hauling TONS of ... whatever ... you DO own the road Boo, the open road, the sound of freedom just a'whistlin' with the tires. And Boo up to 35 TRUCKS Boo, 35 trucks for YOU to give orders to and see all those hairy, muscluar, sweaty truckers just a'jumpin' to do what the Boss Man Boo says to do.

So what do you say Boo? Are you ready to:

STEP ON IT! ...

Stay one step ahead of the law as you rumble through crowded cities, past bustling sea ports and across rolling plains.

Just LET them try to stop you Boo, just let them TRY to stop Boo Radley. Me, I'm bettin' they can't do it!

Joe

Dear Joe.

Your gift is too kind. Too kind indeed. I somehow feel unworthy of this gift.

Perhaps I can return the favor in some way...

I KNOW!

I'll give you a running start before I "put the hammer down"!

Run, Joe! RUN! All 18 wheels are comin' right at ya, boy! RUN!!! <big>RUN!!!</BIG> <BIG><BIG>RUN!!!!</BIG></BIG>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

All the stars were shining bright, and then he kissed me!

Stop buying your rum from those guys in the Taco stand parking lot. They're putting something in it. Possibly antifreeze. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

My God ! (Sorry, Berli)

A two word post.

From HIM !

It's late. I'm tired. And Dalem won't acknowledge my right to his Member Number. I'm going off to sulk, and dream of my revenge. </font>
I hope it's his NUMBER you want......

Noba.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I have to find just the right game for YOU Nidan1 ... something with some panache, a setup with some style, a scenario with subtle grace and intricate possibilities ... something I can win.

Joe

Panache? Style? Subtle grace? Intricate possibilities? … from UTAH, the land of hairy palms, children with one eye in the middle of their foreheads and the Clown Prince Orrin Hatch?

Joe, you've gone farther 'round the bend than I thought was possible.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Whoooo Hoooo, NLF kickoff NOW

Yes, indeedy-do, oh former squire of mine, and I watched my beloved Browns win their first home opener since they were given the new franchise six long years ago, defeating the ever hated <small>Baltimore Ravens</small>, ( the former Browns), 20-3.

Seeing the <small>Raven's</small> near the end of the game, reminded me much of how our beloved Justicar, Joe Shaw plays CM.

There they were, shambling around the field like zombies with groin pulls. Dirty, smelly, covered with flop sweat and hopelessly outclassed.

It made me smile.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Whoooo Hoooo, NLF kickoff NOW

Yes, indeedy-do, oh former squire of mine, and I watched my beloved Browns win their first home opener since they were given the new franchise six long years ago, defeating the ever hated <small>Baltimore Ravens</small>, ( the former Browns), 20-3.

Seeing the <small>Raven's</small> near the end of the game, reminded me much of how our beloved Justicar, Joe Shaw plays CM.

There they were, shambling around the field like zombies with groin pulls. Dirty, smelly, covered with flop sweat and hopelessly outclassed.

It made me smile. </font>