any news on the Euro tcp/ip patch?

The patch isn't completely in the hands of BTS/BFC. It's been determined that the problem with TCP/IP games is related to the SafeDisc copy protection. This is something that CDV adds and their QA will have to look at this problem before a CDV patch will be released.

I'm sure Madmatt will report back to this forum when he hears back from CDV.

Relax, I have VERY good news to report. We are finishing up testing of the 1.01 patch and it looks like we have the CDV/TCP bug resolved.

I can't guess when the patch will be ready as CDV of course has their own timeline but in the past they have been VERY quick to post patches that we send them once they are through testing.

Assuming no new show stopper bugs are detected, I would say the patches should be ready very shortly.

Madmatt

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, it's twelve days now since you posted the good news, and it's still not happened. Two months since I bought CMAK. No multiplay.

I'm pissed off. That's what CM is all about.

I hope when CM2 comes around you'll have truly dumped CDV. Not only do they b------ up the tcp/ip but they censor the game too. I'm sick of flawed software and companies that treat their customers with contempt. The CM series is far too good to place into the hands of dorks. Like many others, I'm sure, had I had any inkling I would've bought direct.

Can we have the patch yesterday please?

I'm in the same position as philwil and many others. I bought CMBO direct from you guys, I had to buy CMBB from CDV as you wouldn't ship to Europe and I now have a copy of CMAK that I can't use for TCP/IP games as CDV have not only screwed it up, but never once posted a word to tell us what is going on.

I love CM and I live Battlefront for producing the best WW2 game ever, but I'm sooooooooo frustrated. Please can we just have an update Matt?

It's out now! CDV customer will want to go ahead and download the patch FROM US as if CDV decides to eventually post the patch we can not guarantee their copy protection will not once more make TCP crash, but it WILL work fine with our patch as we made sure the patch will run on CDV's versions of the game.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/cmak/cmak_download.html

Madmatt