USA! USA! American Uniform Mods Now at CMMods.com

AndrewTF

Ready for download now: all three sets of US infantry uniforms for CMAK, with tank crew uniforms thrown in as a bonus. I won't spend too much time describing them here, you'll just have to download them and check them out in game. Suffice it to say they're a total revamp of the original art with lots of new little details and cool things.

For the nitpickers: for sets 1 and 2, the 3d soldier models really can't depict the HBT and M41 jackets correctly--they're too long. I tried to make them look ok given the circumstances. Also, the HBT uniforms have a HBT texture to them that some may find annoying, though I think most will agree that they look good. I'm not going to change them at this point.

Please let me know if there are any huge problems with them. I had to do a fair amount of guesswork on the BMPs, but they seem to all be there.

Set 1:

us1.jpg

Set 2:

us2.jpg

Set 3:

us3.jpg

Now if we can get a uniform BMP list of some sort (Fernando--help!!! :D ) I can release the rest of the stuff I've been working on. Unfortunately, many of the BMPs don't follow the logical progression they did in CMBB, so I still have a few missing pieces parts to find.

Here's a teaser pic--mid-war Gebirgsäger:

gj2.jpg

smile.gif

Originally posted by Darknight_Canuck:

But tell me, how long before the Commonwealth troops get their ATF treatment? ;)

(I just want to know how much time I have to play around with the game before I start in with the patches again.... tongue.gif ).

Just as soon as the item that Mr. Dorosh posted to me arrives. smile.gif

All in due time...

Many thanks, Andrew. I make a practice of staying updated with all your uniform mods. The details are amazing.

I thought it would be interesting to see what type of guy puts so much time into making CM uniforms, so I checked out your website. Very nice. Now I have zero art talent, but I did notice that the first sentence in the "About" section says: "Fox Arts is a small Web design studio run Andrew Fox." I'm guessing that you run the studio rather than vice versa, so you may want to add "by".

Lawyers notice details, ya know? Merry Christmas!

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Many thanks, Andrew. I make a practice of staying updated with all your uniform mods. The details are amazing.

I thought it would be interesting to see what type of guy puts so much time into making CM uniforms, so I checked out your website. Very nice. Now I have zero art talent, but I did notice that the first sentence in the "About" section says: "Fox Arts is a small Web design studio run Andrew Fox." I'm guessing that you run the studio rather than vice versa, so you may want to add "by".

That IS a nice website. Great section on CM. Always good to see an archaeology grad who has actually found work. :D It's lucky for us you're not out in the desert digging up bones.

Some Web designers think spelling, grammar, and syntax errors are permissible. We don't. Nothing makes an otherwise professional Web site look amateurish than simple, and all too often obvious, copy errors.
I am sure Lawyer meant to post this as one of his proofs; probably the junior partner he gets to post for him forgot to include it. tongue.gif

Is that the Guadalcanal Tractor Works in the background? Man, that was some brutal fighting.

I'm on fire this morning. No, really, I'll stop now.

In all seriousness, there was a CMBO mod with the camo uniforms as used early in Normandy by some US Army units; they might make a starting point for USMC late war uniforms if you can find them out there in cyberspace...

Andrew - do the helmets seem out of place being the same shade of green as the HBT? I wonder if they shouldn't be a more darker, browner shade of green. On my monitor, the dark olive bars on this very forum seem to be about the right shade, when you go into Post A Reply, the bar overtop of the entry field seems to be about the right colour.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I am sure Lawyer meant to post this as one of his proofs; probably the junior partner he gets to post for him forgot to include it. tongue.gif

You don't think I perform legal editing for free, do you? I've already sent young Andrew a bill. After all, it is Christmas and I need to get in the proper Holiday Spirit.

BTW, why don't you ask Andrew to make up some nice pale blue helmets for all your Canuckian Peace Keeping Forces to wear? Then they'll look just peachy riding around the desert in your white UN AFV mods. If they can't be warriors, they might as well look spiffy. Hehehe....

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Andrew - do the helmets seem out of place being the same shade of green as the HBT? I wonder if they shouldn't be a more darker, browner shade of green. On my monitor, the dark olive bars on this very forum seem to be about the right shade, when you go into Post A Reply, the bar overtop of the entry field seems to be about the right colour.

Michael - the helmets are darker than they look in the screenshot, which happens to show the highlighted portion at the front, which is naturally lighter. I'll take another look and see, though.

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Doh!!! I thought I fixed that!!! Thanks for pointing out my lack of proofreading skills to the entire forum! ;):D

Edited to say: all fixed now! tongue.gif

[ December 24, 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]