Ailing without CMAK, MasterGoodale and Cheery Threats

_Axe_

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear ye, hear ye!

Becket is down and he can't get up! Since Christmas is so near I decided to give him a break after only 18 turns, which left the only flag of the Large Town QB-map still disputed, but saved his sissy Jerries (note: nothing to do with Finnish sissis) from utmost humiliation. The score was 66-34.

:mad:

Originally posted by Keke:

Hear ye, hear ye!

Becket is down and he can't get up! Since Christmas is so near I decided to give him a break after only 18 turns, which left the only flag of the Large Town QB-map still disputed, but saved his sissy Jerries (note: nothing to do with Finnish sissis) from utmost humiliation. The score was 66-34.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

The moons of Saturn got in my eyes.

Good Morning, or Afternoon, or Evening, or Night (whichever applies) Fellow Maggots of Cheery Waffledom!! :D:D

Originally posted by Mike:

Horrible Dave - send me a setup you maggot - I haven't played any of the scenarios so you can pick one you haven't done yet, and it's going to be hours before I'm home from work & ready to rock!

Perfect timing, Mike. I see you posted this last night while I was watching Monday Night Football, although you were at work on Tuesday morning. Now I am at work on Tuesday for the next eight hours, while you are at home Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, waiting for a setup. As usual, we're off to a fast start. tongue.gif

A moment of pure paternal bragging - Saturday morning my lovely, brilliant daughter Anne graduated (in only seven semesters) from Francis Marion University with her BA in Journalism. The same morning, my beautiful, brilliant daughter-in-law Sarah graduated from Western Kentucky University with her Masters in Speech Pathology. Congratulations to my two girls, of whom I am very, very proud! :D:D

On a totally unrelated note, I read something in the <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> thread which I feel compelled to bring to your attention. Kitty posted a link back to the original thread, and there I found this bit of deathless prose. See if this makes any sense to you:

Originally posted by Seanachai:

<font size=2>Your job, if you think things through (and you never do, which is why, Meeks my rodent, you will still need me, even should you hammer me into the muck from which you arose, and everyone should chime in to agree that you're significantly more humourous for fewer characters used than that Seanachai fella') is to deal with the fact that eventually, some rejected dolt is going to show up in one of the 'dudes, I think all sorts of stupid things rule, and my opinion needs to be spread across the board because I think it's becoming infected' threads, and tell everyone: 'hey, did you hear that there are women over in the Cesspool, man?', and when the hydrocephalics write back to say they can't find the Cesspool thread, one of the brighter Red Dwarf stars will inform them, 'man, it's called like the Peng Challenge Thread, or somefink', and there's going to be an f'ing migration of completely useless and cortex-dead simians showing up here to post swill even worse and less interesting than what the lowest of our members are capable of, with tag-lines like 'yo, where are the chicas, man?</font size=2>

Did you notice that this is one single sentence? :eek: It's concise writing like this which has weighed down the <font size=1>MBT</font size=1> like tons of ballast, until it has sunk beneath the sheer volume of meaningless verbiage. tongue.gif:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dave H:

Good Morning, or Afternoon, or Evening, or Night (whichever applies) Fellow Maggots of Cheery Waffledom!! :D:D

A moment of pure paternal bragging - Saturday morning my lovely, brilliant daughter Anne graduated (in only seven semesters) from Francis Marion University with her BA in Journalism. The same morning, my beautiful, brilliant daughter-in-law Sarah graduated from Western Kentucky University with her Masters in Speech Pathology. Congratulations to my two girls, of whom I am very, very proud! :D:D

So what made them adopt a mong like you for a father? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Grats to the girls - they are going to need to take care of you when you are old and infirm and dribbling nonsense all the time.

I hope they're going to be ready very soon, because you're 90% of the way there. You tosspot.

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Keke:

Hear ye, hear ye!

The moons of Saturn got in my eyes. </font>

[qb] A moment of pure paternal bragging - Saturday morning my lovely, brilliant daughter Anne graduated (in only seven semesters) from Francis Marion University with her BA in Journalism. The same morning, my beautiful, brilliant daughter-in-law Sarah graduated from Western Kentucky University with her Masters in Speech Pathology. Congratulations to my two girls, of whom I am very, very proud! :D:D

Congratulations! The world needs more journalists! There are too few lawyers too.

And I second Soddball's kind words — a speech pathologist in the family will be invaluable when you begin drooling.

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Keke:

Hear ye, hear ye!

The moons of Saturn got in my eyes. </font>

My fifth BDLRM challenger was none other than mike_the_wino. He assaulted with one Guards 43 company, one recon platoon, two DP LMGs, two Maxims, one FO (76.2 mm), seven T-34 M43s, a KV-I M41, an SU-122, and an M3 Scout Car. M_t_w won a minor victory by dividing his armor, approaching the defenders from three directions. The only thing that saved me from a worse disaster was his armor spent too much time shooting infantry to make it to the large VL. On the lighter side (sort of), one of his T-34s managed to kill a HMG team which had already surrendered to him. :rolleyes: He caused 72 casualties, enough for a 64-36 victory. :mad:

Next: THumpre

My fifth BDLRM challenger was none other than mike_the_wino....On the lighter side (sort of), one of his T-34s managed to kill a HMG team which had already surrendered to him.

Now you can't really blame the lads for killing such a pack of cowardly, ankle-grabbing, pillow-biters can you? BTW, the canister was all ready loaded, the lads needed to clear the tube for some HE to chuck across the way. Efficiency, doncha know?

He caused 72 casualties, enough for a 64-36 victory.
As previously mentioned by Dave, I linger too long. Not quite sure of what I was up against I played as I would if I were playing a REAL opponent. Since Dave sucks like a Hoover, all my caution was wasted. Now we get to see how he fares against my uber-truppen. Since he is a hooring, cheat monkey no sigs are at stake.

Cruel, twisted irony. Get the odd day off and all my turns are out....alas nary a one has returned.

The sixth adversary for the BDLRM challenge was THumpre, who also came from a "Who's the Worst Commander?" thread. He assaulted my overmatched Germans with one Guards 43 company, one recon C platoon, one pioneer platoon, three DP LMGs, one Maxim, one flamethrower, one tank hunter team, one 50 mm mortar, one FO (76.2 mm), six T-34 M43s, one KV-IS, one SU-122, one M3 Scout Car, and a partridge in a pear tree! We fought to a draw, largely because it took him a while to get his troops into the fight. The only actual infantry fight was around the factory, and THumpre was reluctant to commit his armor to an all-out attack on my dug-in infantry (which had worked so well for Teddy and Mike). He caused 32 German casualties and took one prisoner, but I managed to hang on for a 55-45 draw. :rolleyes:

Next: 86smopuim

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Cruel, twisted irony. Get the odd day off and all my turns are out....alas nary a one has returned.

Tell you what, Braniac, instead of sending my turn to my office address, why not send it to my home address, where I ACTUALLY PLAY CM.

That way, when I get home, I can continue to beat you like a red-headed step child riding a rented mule.

How's that sound, Mikey-Poo?

A moment of pure paternal bragging Congratulations to my two girls, of whom I am very, very proud! :D:D

Paybacks a bitch :mad: :mad: :mad:

When I Am An Old Lady

Then I'll live with my children and bring them great joy.

To repay all I've had from each girl and boy.

I shall draw one the walls and scuff up the floor

Run in and out without closing the door

I'll hide frogs in the pantry, socks under my bed.

Whenever they scold me, I'll hang my head

I'll run and I'll romp, always fritter away

The time to be spent doing chores every day!

I'll pester my children when they are on the phone.

As long as they're busy, I won't leave them alone.

Hide candy in closets, rocks in a drawer,

And never pick up my clothes from the floor

Dash off to the movies and not wash a dish.

I'll please for allowance whenever I wish.

I'll stuff up the plumbing and deluge the floor.

As soon as they've mopped it, I'll flood it some more.

When they correct me, I'll lie down and cry,

Kitching and screaming not a tear in my eye.

I'll take all their pencils and flashlights, and then

When they buy new ones, I'll take them again.

I'll spill glasses of milk to complete every meal,

Eat my banana and just drop the peel.

Put toys one the table, spill jam on the floor,

I'll break lots of dishes as though I were four.

What fun I shall have, what joy it will be

Live with my children...the way they lived with me!

[QB] You clueless nong. Zhukov, the pod of puss, didn't plan operation Uranus, which has nothing to do with uranus btw ("by the way" for CMAKless2121). It was planned and coordinated by Vasilievsky.

[serious]

The responsibility for designing that particular operation appears to be a matter of some dispute. Erickson, in Road to Stalingrad, reports that Zhukov designed the operation and that he and Vasilievsky jointed presented it to Stalin. He also credits Zhukov with overseeing the implementation and selecting which commander would take which role.

However, it appears to be impossible to tell who actually came up with it; Kruschev later claimed to have been the one who designed it.

[/serious]

So it was just pure luck that you accepted the ceasefire, my Christmas gift for you, so willingly? :mad:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :mad: On the other hand, was it just pure luck that you offered? :D My new tactic: bore my opponents into submission!

[serious]

The responsibility for designing that particular operation appears to be a matter of some dispute. Erickson, in Road to Stalingrad, reports that Zhukov designed the operation and that he and Vasilievsky jointed presented it to Stalin. He also credits Zhukov with overseeing the implementation and selecting which commander would take which role.

However, it appears to be impossible to tell who actually came up with it; Kruschev later claimed to have been the one who designed it.

[/serious]

Well, Erickson did know nothing about Operation Mars, which was Zhukov's brainchild. The fact that STAVKA operated in such a collegial way, made it easy to give the credits to a commander favored by Stalin. Kruschev on the other hand is just a lier.

Speaking of liers, I just found a site where I'd be a perfect troll :D : Soviet Empire.com

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

[serious]

[/serious]

Well, Erickson did know nothing about Operation Mars, which was Zhukov's brainchild. The fact that STAVKA operated in such a collegial way, made it easy to give the credits to a commander favored by Stalin. Kruschev on the other hand is just a lier.

Speaking of liers, I just found a site where I'd be a perfect troll :D : Soviet Empire.com </font>

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :mad: On the other hand, was it just pure luck that you offered? :D My new tactic: bore my opponents into submission!

Submission you say? "Bore my opponents into tactical victory" would be more appropriate. tongue.gif