CMAKorea

junk2drive

New mod posted at CMMODS

KOREAN WAR AXIS PACK

Contains four zip files. Extract them into your MCMMM folder. Chinese flags, North Korean flags, JUJU's small arms from his CMBB mod, Korean peninsula maps.

The flag zips contain last seen icons, vl flags, ui flags, start menu icon bar, some portraits made from BFC CMBB Soviets. Flags from Flags of the world website. Special thanks to juju for his help with the small arms and Hans for making good battles.

The maps are temporary until I find some that look good. I may do more portraits, or you may copy and renumber them as needed.

Back up your files. Use with MCMMM so that you can switch from early DPRK action to later when China stepped in.

Start screen courtesy of Pinetree, GREAT job! If anyone would like to have this, it is 800 x 600 but i will try to make a 1024 x 768 if enough requests are posted.

cmakorea.JPG

A Marder 111r that I color enhanced with Irfanview. Note strat map, corrugated roof, Chinese flag, captured Panther is BFC CMBB copied to CMAK that I used as a guide.

marder.JPG

Hulldown lightweight.

chaffee.jpg

25id, Masan, 9/50

M-24 Chaffee Light Tanks wait for T34/85 assault

At the start of the Korean War, the 4 divisions in Japan on occupation duty mostly had the Chaffee light tank. This lightly gunned and armored unit was no match for the T34, and was very vulnerable to the 76mm NK artillery. On one of the very first actions, August 11, three M-24s of 78th Tank Battalion were quickly destroyed by the NK infantry and artillery.

http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/

Thanks for the info, Vixen, I wondered about that. Some Native Americans had similar practices.

Further research on T34/85 leads me to believe they could traverse snow and soft ground. Chris' CMBB chart list psi at 11. Comparing T34s to German tanks and CM gameplay I am thinking Panther A is closest. Tigers have the big gun, but too much armor and weight. All 3 have a slow turret, cupola, and radio. MGs and ammo loads differ. Americans had better AT weapons in Korea than in CMAK and this needs to be factored into the mix.

Someone care to offer an opinion?