CMAKorea

junk2drive

• 2 weeks later...

Winter Whites at cmmods.

Andrew Fox's Soviet whites, renumbered for late war German troops. Use for Chinese or Soviets vs USA after the fall of Berlin. Since these would overwrite any other winter mod, including my other Korea mods, use McMMM to swap them. Always have a backup.

Soon I will do Andrew's late war US airborne arms for summer and winter, without the 82nd ab patch. I have also done a US white uni from MikeT's Finn CMBB mod.

Thanks to Pyewacket's converter, I remade Hans' Small Battles, Chosen Few Korea 1950 into CMAK.

I intend to convert Task Force Smith also, but its huge size means it will take a while.

The dual Korea flag on my site makes a great VL flag.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I uploaded a new Vietnam Axis small arms pack. This is the same as my Korea small arms pack with the addition of an AK47 to replace the German MP44.

The small arms pack can be used in Vietnam, Korea and any post WWII 3rd world country scenario. Like Hans' AIW small battles.

Also from Hans is a new Korea small battle, Obong Ni. A small armour battle near Pusan.

Panthers and Shermans and zookas OH MY

Rupert, I had another look at MD's site. I think Andrew's green demin mid-late war unis are a good choice for Brits and Canadians. I could make a USA set for the Canadians, but I would need a scenario for them before I go through the work.

I do have all of the CMBO CW camos and browns that people made. Some of the camo is really good.

For Summer CW you can use my Pacific green CW mod.

Cute exerpt of a story on shortages of materials for the Canadians. The writer also complains of WWII bolt action rifles against Chinese automatic weapons.

"Our troops had beer, but no modern weapons.

American troops, had modern weapons but no beer.

So unofficial deals were made; a sort of early free trade agreement.

"A lieutenant, myself and another corporal went down to Pusan with our jeep to do some trading," Hibbs recalls. "What my colonel or my major wanted was a jeep trailer, and two walkie-talkies, that was what our project was. So we went downtown to Pusan and I had to look around, I found an American GHQ, general headquarters, and I went in there to the sergeant on duty. He asked me what have I got to trade and I got a bottle of rum out of the jeep. "I said, 'I need a trailer.'

"He says 'I'll get you one, I'll get you one.'

"So I gave him the bottle, I got the two walkie-talkies, the two 45's. And about ten minutes later he comes driving up with a two-and-a-half-ton truck with a two-and-a-half-ton trailer on the back, and says 'There's your trailer.'"

"And I said, 'I can't pull that. I have only got a jeep.'" "He said, 'Well take the truck.' So I did."