ok so now CM:II?

Colin

I running my good ol' stable OS X rig and have saddened myself by seeing all these questions and answers

it likened me to a finer day when men were men and the CMBO beta demo was but a whisper

anyhoo....it's CM: II on deck now right? can i start slowly building excitement?

I'm talking about the engine rewrite to get away from QuickDraw or whatever old school 3D API that CM has been stuck with since Apple decided to switch to OpenGL on the good ol BTS fellas.

wow i manged to use good ol' twice and didn't sound southern.

I'm in no big hurry for CM:II (or whatever the new engine's being called these days). OSX compatible will no doubt mean OS9 incompatible and I plan on wringing every last penny's worth of use out of my old mac before being forced to (cough cough) upgrade. Besides, I'm still having plenty of fun blowin' stuff up in CMAK! :D

Hey Colin, Steve, Matt and Dan are still here, and still reading the forums. It's just impossible to catch every thread these days.

As flamingknives said, one of the main reasons for the new engine is to make CMX2 fully compatible with the Mac side of things again. I don't have any more details than that at the moment.

Martin

excellent i was just checking!!!!

good to hear you guys are still alive!!!

you are definetly the company I respect most, simply for your amazing support and feedback during the CMBO era.

i need to find my copy of OS 9 and play some Last Defense or i'm gonna be sick.

i love you guys!

Originally posted by Moon:

one of the main reasons for the new engine is to make CMX2 fully compatible with the Mac side of things again.

And horsies, and dead bodies, and civies and motorcycles, and heads exploding...

and mutli-turret tanks which provide cover...

And an end to the scourge of the Borg.

:D

Hehe, I do still read the forums but at the moment I am spending more time working on details for the new engine which is taking away from my time I once had to do so. Its early days still but I know Im excited...we will certainly have more details for you guys when we are further through the process smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by Tharka:

I've skipped afrika corps and I'm just waiting for CM2 which i've been since CM1 smile.gifsmile.gif

I considered skipping CMAK as well...

(and yes its the ONLY OS9 App I run)

but I am thoroughly glad I didn't

CMAK is well worth the $$$ & is definitely the best of the three

and I think Apple will be on OS 10.5.x (Ocelot ?) by the time CMX2 is here

I want BFC to take their time and get it right

Once Again