Mod WIP Preview: Panzer IV!

My first "real" tank (like, with a turret and everything) since CMBO! :eek: I decided to take a crack at the Panzer IV J. Here are some spots of the thing outside the factory on a test run. Please note that no weathering and not a few details have yet to be added. My Copious Spare Time being what it is (or isn't, really) these days it will be a while before the final version is ready for release, but I promise it will be before CMx2 is released. :D

panzer_iv_j.jpg

Yes, it's entirely new "from scratch" and represents a late-version J with mesh skirts.

No! No! NOOOO!

I spotted this post just as i was about to mention my own WIP! You guessed it. Luckily, my upcoming mod isn't the same model but a from-scratch early PzIV G.

Hey, let's be cooperative. Mine will probably see the light of day first. Andrew, when it comes out feel free to borrow ANY combination of doodads./tools/widgets off mine you want. I've certainly borrowed enough mg art off you! :eek: ;)

Originally posted by MikeyD:

No! No! NOOOO!

I spotted this post just as i was about to mention my own WIP! You guessed it. Luckily, my upcoming mod isn't the same model but a from-scratch early PzIV G.

Hey, let's be cooperative. Mine will probably see the light of day first. Andrew, when it comes out feel free to borrow ANY combination of doodads./tools/widgets off mine you want. I've certainly borrowed enough mg art off you! :eek: ;)

Your working on the PzIV... see I told you that you could do it. smile.gif Bless both of you for working on these much under moded AFVs.

No! No! NOOOO!

Well, I get tired of waiting for you to make a Panzer IV mod so I decided to do one myself! :D

I'll feel free to borrow where necessary, though the mg mods are borrowed from Juju's modslut smack!

Originally posted by patboy:

Hi Andrew,

Stunning new WIP mod!

What happened about your 75 mm InF Gun mod ?

Pat. :cool:

oh, yeah... that. I got bored with it so it's shelved for a while. I also got thrown off by losing my CMAK disk. I'll finish it eventually. ;)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Do you keep copies of the unweathered, uncamouflaged and unmarked versions? I'd be interested in using them.

Yes. All the master files are layered Photoshop files with the weathering/camouflage/markings in separate layers. It's a simple matter to hide the layers in question and produce a plain version.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Do you keep copies of the unweathered, uncamouflaged and unmarked versions? I'd be interested in using them.

Yes. All the master files are layered Photoshop files with the weathering/camouflage/markings in separate layers. It's a simple matter to hide the layers in question and produce a plain version. </font>

Emm...how simple, and how fast can you have them to me? :D

I may need to send you a copy of my next book or somefink, eh...

Baksheesh in any form always helps! smile.gif A book would be nice. Too bad you don't run a wine import business like our friend WineCape. Or a brewery--I'm not picky.

What do you need and how soon? We can continue the discussion off-board if you like.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Emm...how simple, and how fast can you have them to me? :D

I may need to send you a copy of my next book or somefink, eh...

Baksheesh in any form always helps! smile.gif A book would be nice. Too bad you don't run a wine import business like our friend WineCape. Or a brewery--I'm not picky.

What do you need and how soon? We can continue the discussion off-board if you like. </font>

"...though the mg mods are borrowed from Juju's modslut smack!"

D'oh! (bangs head on table). I KNEW that. My last Stug mod I accidentally credited you for Juju's mg art too. I should know better. I must have a mental block.

I did borrow a bit of camou uniform off you for a rolled-up tarp, though, on that Stug.

So I don't "need" anything but would "like" some plain mods - at the least for jeeps, Shermans, halftracks, and some of the vanilla German armour - Pz IV, V etc. The former in green, the latter in dark yellow.

We can move to email if you like.

Got it. I'll look through my files and see, although I haven't done *that* many vehicle mods. I can make you a yellow Jagdpanzer IV and of course the Panzer IV J when I'm through with it.

Now all someone needs to do is make a building mod so they look like they're made of Legos. ;)

"...though the mg mods are borrowed from Juju's modslut smack!"

D'oh! (bangs head on table). I KNEW that. My last Stug mod I accidentally credited you for Juju's mg art too. I should know better. I must have a mental block.

I did borrow a bit of camou uniform off you for a rolled-up tarp, though, on that Stug.

No worries! I did notice the camo tarp on the StuG, though. I forgot to add to your mod announcement thread--I was going to mention that it is a super cool mod and EVERYONE who hasn't downloaded it should. I only use MikeyDâ„¢ Brand StuGs any more (And T-34s for CMBB). smile.gif

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by patboy:

Hi Andrew,

Stunning new WIP mod!

What happened about your 75 mm InF Gun mod ?

Pat. :cool:

oh, yeah... that. I got bored with it so it's shelved for a while. I also got thrown off by losing my CMAK disk. I'll finish it eventually. ;) </font>