New Mod

interesting. good first mod, i look forward to more. i suggest you use your name or something to differenciate between your mods and others. how bout wc_summer_grain or asrg

second note, you have no compression on the jpgs, and very little on the bmps. 3.5mb is hard on dial up people. one jpg would be enough and get it down to 50-80kb. find a zip program that will compress it more.

i think i might use this for spring or fall with no doodads. i like the green bits.

from my testing, "fall" fields is fall winter spring. fall winter no doodads, spring with doodads.

summer is june - august with doodads

ed kinney has made a bunch of field mods since cmbo. his last one was a fall field with darker doodads. from my memory:

a green plowed field

summer field with doodads

fall field with doodads

a subdued set

maybe a low res set

gurra made a nice plowed dirt numbered for fall.

i have made pink bmps for the doodads so that they dont appear if you dont want them, but they still have the effects of the game engine for cover and concealment.

you should collect all the field mods you can find from bo bb and ak, study them, try them, and then make your set. jmho.

looking forward to your next mod

I just uploaded the update for fall and summer. I also have been using Ed Kinney feild mods for sometime now. But you hit on something I was thinking also on the all ping doodads its a good idea. Anyway I thank you for your tips and info but I need to ask one more thing, what zip programe would you recommend so in the future I can make it a little easier for the 56k. Thanks agian

junk2drive I to a look at the dark textures as soft gound. I like it it does look pretty good. You guys are welcome to use any of my textures mods for mods of your own I would have no problem with it at all ;) . I have quite a few in the works and should be uploading new mods quite often. I have for years worked on mods and textures for other games out there and some even have been adopted by developers and publishers for release with the game. Hopfully I add to the great mod community of CM.

i had an idea so i took the osf brush doodads and renumbered them to 2110 and 2111. added them to the zip with your summer field renumbered to fall spring. in april 44 you get the fall wheat with doodads. the effect is a wartime neglected farm field. beautiful imho. color match is great.

i lived near detroit, not into baseball lol.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

i had an idea so i took the osf brush doodads and renumbered them to 2110 and 2111. added them to the zip with your summer field renumbered to fall spring. in april 44 you get the fall wheat with doodads. the effect is a wartime neglected farm field. beautiful imho. color match is great.

i lived near detroit, not into baseball lol.

I will have to try that ;) . I am working on rocky ground now and should be up this weekend