Use of the Bren Gun Tripod in Commonwealth Forces

Whenever these Prangers get into a thread, I feel as if I've wandered into the wrong party at the wrong apartment. Instead of the lovely cocktail gathering with the lovely young creative women-types, all decked out with loverly hair and little slips of black dresses und bangles und pretty things, suddenly I'm wedged on the couch between two underbrushed sixth-year undergraduates loudly and belchingly competing to out-Monty-Python-quote each other, only they haven't remembered that Graham is dead and John has a Lawyer's Degree from Oxbridge fer friggin' sakes!

Oh, the pain. It's unnerving.

<exit>

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Seanachai, if you had wit to match your ego, then the world would flock to see the awesome power of a mere sentence. As it is, I feel more like I am in the prescence of a space heater in a Saharan noon.

My God, how could I forget the fact that we met in the previous Bren Tripod thread!

I should have gotten flowers, or brought candy. I remember it like it was yesterday. All the posters were wearing foolishness, but you wore a wry and elegant irritation.

I was silly and bantering, and you cut me dead! I explained how my very silliness was a commentary on the 'soon to deteriorate into idiocy' discussion, and you looked deep into my eyes, and told me that you truly and seriously were interested in the soon to deteriorate discussion.

I knew, at that moment, that I would never forget you. My heart filled with a jolly singsong.

You even had a pet name for me! Do you remember? You called me 'the Thread Hijacker'! I was all abashed and yet giggly at the same time.

Oh, we exchanged some remarks. You passed some judgments. It was giddy and wonderful. But...you never sent me your hatred.

Oh, you abused me, here and there. It was clear, from the way you dismissed me, that I was more than just another poster to you. But no matter how many times I asked, you wouldn't send me a card, postcard, or letter filled with your hatred.

But I've never forgotten that incarnation of the Bren Tripod thread of never-ending pointlessness, and the day we met.

And now, whenever I go into a thread, I always, to this day...look for your posts. And if you're seriously discussing things, then I tiptoe away, with my finger to my lips, like some cartoon burglar of threads.

And whenever I post in some idiotic thread, or forget myself, and post like a giddy non-grog schoolchild in a serious thread, I always look for your responses. And I always will.

I guess we never forget the first person who tells us, in a frosty and well-mannered way, that we're an annoying sack of ****e, do we?

sigh

Don't get me started, you lot, on my first post to the 'Running With Heavy Machine Guns' thread, or I really shall feel old, and start to weep.

You know, since you've been back your turn rate has slowed from glacial to geological. Why don't you really tell him want you fink of him, so we might finish this 10-or-so turn micro scenario you chose sometime this century.

Originally posted by JonS:

You know, since you've been back your turn rate has slowed from glacial to geological. Why don't you really tell him want you fink of him, so we might finish this 10-or-so turn micro scenario you chose sometime this century.

Don't be jealous of flamingknives. You and I will always have Cabron66

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I guess we never forget the first person who tells us, in a frosty and well-mannered way, that we're an annoying sack of ****e, do we?[/QB]

You know, he really did seem like such a nice chap in person. Even bought me a beer, as I remember. But he did come up with the "Amis with two heads thing" as well.