**Total From-Scratch Staghound III (THREE) Mod!!**

Its ACs like this that make modding FUN!

Total from-scratch Staghound III with accurate Crusader turret.

At our favorite site of course:

www.cmmods.com

You must see it to believe it!

A Stag extensively rebuilt to Brit standards with fender-mounted turn signals, side stowage lockers, center-hinged engine deck, plugged bow mg mount, extended turret ring collar, etc. The art for the Crusader turret is all new with true-scale rivets (quite a shock to see!) and an accurate redesigned 'Stag III-style' turret roof.

Ever since CMBO I wanted to see Staghounds in the game, and with these mods my favorite ACs are finally close to looking how I imagined them. Just one Stag version left to go (Stag AA). Hey Juju, mind if I a borrow a Mod-Slut .50 Cal Browning for a worthy cause?

Here's the screenshot from cmmods.com:

Staghound III Screenshot cmmods.com

[ July 28, 2004, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

A true beauty Mikey! For while now you have been in the same category as andrewtf for me: Modders who’s work I download without looking at the preview pic.

I realise it might reflect poorly on the perception of my artistic judgement. Then again, I doubt anyone cares smile.gif

Great job!

M.

No no NOooooo.....!!! What you SHOULD think is "Makes me want to see just how far I can push the modding envelope!" :D

People don't give a second thought to spending months researching, building, painting, and detailing a $45 plastic kit. CM modders should start thinking of modding as 'virtual modelling' and do their best to wring just as much fun out of each armor mod as they do from kits!

Remember, as long as you backup the default art there's no way for you to 'break' the game with modding. So push it as far as you dare!

Originally posted by ARISTOTELES:

So great that they make feel like i should stop making mods...

Aristoteles, don't say that! Well, actually I've said it before myself, but luckily I didn't listen! NOT stopping has gotten me and plenty of other modders where we are now!

You go out there 'n' give 'em hell, soldier! ;)

To quote Bill Clinton "I feel your pain". I had a whole Churchill mod go missing on me once. Ouch.

The nice thing about modding odd vehicles is you then start using them! I've spent the last few evenings fighting with Stag IIIs. VERY un-Sherman-like to play. Especially nimble zipping between buildings in built-up areas. Loads of fun.

Just for chuckles I loaded a new screenshot at cmmods.com of my Stag III 'in-action':

Stag III "in-action"

[ July 28, 2004, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]