Hot new inexpensive source for military books/tapes, etc.--now only 10 days left!

There are only 16 days left to gobble up books, videos and DVDs at www.halfpricebooks.com with some items as much as 70% off. Found books on Rommel's desert war, Cassino, history of bazooka and related weapons, and tons more. Happy shopping!

Regards,

John Kettler

Note: Was 16 when posted, but the clock ticketh.

[ January 21, 2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Thanks for the link John. A great deal too, if you go over $40, then you get a $10 off coupon along with free shipping. Placed my order just last night and they're already shipped, great service. I have now bookmarked this site for future purchases. Thanks again. smile.gif

WWB,

Good point! While we're on Amazon.com, though, I'd be remiss if I failed to point out that I'm still waiting for Amazon to deliver most of my "positively, absolutely will there by Christmas" presents, and it's now the middle of January. The friend who ordered the gifts for me is so put out that he'll probably never buy from Amazon.com again. The kindest descriptive he used concerning Amazon.com was "bunch of liars." Amazon.com may be bigger and better known, but caveat emptor still applies.

Regards,

John Kettler

Troops,

I just received my order from www.halfpricebooks.com That's six days from order placement to flawless delivery! Contrast that with the latest iteration of my www.amazon.com woes, as described by the friend who ordered my Christmas presents from the firm:

"just thought you'd like to know that now not one but two -- yes, count 'em *two* -- of the books on order from Amazon (which, by the way, constitute the remaining entirety of your hitherto incomplete order), are now in delayed status!

Prior to this, it was just one of the titles holding up the shipment. Now *both* are in the hold zone and will not ship until "- Updated delivery estimate: February 23 - March 12"! How's *that* for a fine shelf o' books, huh?

So, based on prior non-performance, I'd say there's a good chance you'll get neither, since the entire order will be cancelled automatically if the books don't ships by the above date range.

In the meantime, they hold my money and hold you hostage."

To the good news!

Anyone with even a glimmer of interest in Rommel in the desert will want to order John Delaney's FIGHTING THE DESERT FOX: Rommel's Campaigns in North Africa April 1941 to August 1942. A large format paperback, it is a marvelous crash course

on the subject, and will probably put the modders into Depends, thanks to some 250 eminently usable photos of tanks, troops, softskins and ordnance. Want Italian native troops, Poles, Sikhs, CV33s, SP SiG 33s, Semoventes, Free French, A9s, A10s? All here!

You tankhunters out there will also need underwear changes after perusing Gander's THE BAZOOKA: Hand-Held Hollow-Charge Anti-Tank Weapons. Not only does it cover the bazooka, but also the PIAT, Panzerschreck, Puppchen, Panzerwurfmine and M9 AT grenade. Full of grognard goodness with big clear photos and engineering drawings of all sorts!

Orders may be placed through January 31st, and the free shipping and $10 off for $40 orders also apply

until the end of that date. Hurry!

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by WWB:

Buyer beware--just cross referenced a few titles with amazon. One was alot cheaper, others were within cents.

WWB

Checking potential book purchases vs. Amazon is always a must, but there are plenty of bargains on this site. I ordered six woodworking and gardening books, and all were about half Amazon's price, if available.

The $10 off $40 doesn't hurt either...