The Absolute Final Post For All Time On the Battlefront Forum

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

Someone feed me and I'll start singing if it'll make Dorosh be quiet. =)

Kitty

Hi Kitty. I have a cold. Could you cut off my head? :rolleyes: </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Can the Lawn Gnome say with certainty that there is a point in going on? In more than 300 words? Who can forget his Death Sentence contest? His quest for a mortal enemy? His cringing, whining decay and fall from grace as he bestowed the Powers of the Forum to four whom he'd previously condemned - then tried to get it all back?

Dare we continue, Seanachai? Can there be any more?

Dorosh, this is a question that must be answered.

Perhaps it were best if the World of Combat Mission were swept clean, and all the accumulated weirdness washed away, leaving only the tenacious, the driven, and the obsessed behind to inform a new generation of posters.

Who wouldn't relish coming to this game new, for the first time, and, after playing their first few games of the 'Demo', striding out onto the forum to find out 'How the hell mortars work', and 'Best way to use AT guns'?

Ah, it was all so fresh and new, then! I remember reading hundreds of posts, just trying to get some insight into the game. And reading hundreds of posts more, trying to sort out who all these 'Posters' were. "What brave new world is this, that has such Posters in it"?!

Of course, I soldiered on through 'Running Machine Guns', 'Can We Mod in More Gore?', and 'How Come the SS aren't Portrayed As the Final Phase of Military Achievement?' threads.

It was all new, and odd, and informative. I plowed through data on the debate regarding 'penetration formulae as opposed to charts' thread for more posts than mere humans could follow. I was captivated. It was like listening to Musicians debate whether Mozart could truly be appreciated without reverting completely to the use of period instruments, and whether Salieri really intended Mozart's death, or just thought the penetration ability of the early war Sherman was over-represented.

But, as Thomas Wolfe said "You cannot go home again".

And yet, you must go home again.

Grog Dorosh, we must give another generation/iteration/representation of Combat Missioners their chance to find their own...peace.

We of the Peng Challenge Thread will always be there for them, once they have made their peace with 'playing the game'. We will give them another path to walk.

And the Grogs, tenacious as boll weevils, will always be there to inform them that 'nothing is as good as it should be', and 'it was so much better in the Old Days, before the people who actually play the fecking game pushed in here like a lot of unwashed homeless people to take an interest in it!'

For Grogs, of course, the game should exist as a pure work of art. Something that resonates to the the same frequency as the Universe.

And the Horsemen, those vicious bastards, will always be there. That's annoying enough.

Have you ever considered that the Three Olde Ones of the Peng Challenge Thread, combined with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypso make up the mystical number Seven?

Combine this with the fact that there are Six members of BFC, and you arrive at: Thirteen!

I leave it to you, Grog Dorosh, to sort out which one is Judas.

Personally, I don't figure the Board is done until there's a jolly sing-song in which a Lady tells us the Board is complete fecking ****e.

Originally posted by Dressler:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V- Die Hand die Verletzt:

I never understood the fascination with cheesecake.

But its better than mustard.

You've obviously never had mustard on a spoon with a dash of sugar and a gentle sprinkling of cinnamon on top. Now THAT'S good eatin'! [/QB]</font>

Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Personally, I don't figure the Board is done until there's a jolly sing-song in which a Lady tells us the Board is complete fecking ****e.

That's what I'm trying to do, moron! Gimme another doughnut!!

Kitty </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

How about a lightly dusted with powdered sugar bit of breaded Australian done up in canoli oil?

There's almost as few calories as there was intelligent thought!

Nah. I prefer to be a savory dish, covered from head to foot in vegemite.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

How about a lightly dusted with powdered sugar bit of breaded Australian done up in canoli oil?

There's almost as few calories as there was intelligent thought!

Nah. I prefer to be a savory dish, covered from head to foot in vegemite.

Mace </font>

Michael,

What are you nutz? Without a realism nut (they call us Grog) to guide them, how will they learn the term simulation?

History is rewritten by those who know half truths. Games are played by children. Your the type of guide who keeps battlefront at the leading edge!