New feild mod up

I have uploaded my new feild mod for beach sand at web page -CMMODS- . I have been working on some beach sand textures for some US Normandy landing maps I have been working on. I came up with after play testing most ground tiles that soft ground seems to simulate movment one would have on sand best. Remember this will replace your soft ground textures so back up your files first.

May I be as bold as to say, that this texture is very useful as "open ground arid rocks" and dry ground found in Crete, for example? If not to say fantastic. Since it´s not my mod and the intentions for it was somewhat different, maybe I shouldn´t go here and shout to everyone how to use it the same way as I have done. But I thought you ought to know, if you haven´t figured it yourselves.

WindyCity:

please keep on posting high quality textures like this and your earlier field mod! This game soon looks like real life...

Thank you very much.

Regards

Gurra

Hi Windy City. I like the look of that beach mod.

I agree with Gurra that texture would make a nice arid ground mod too. Though I am guessing it would need to be added to as there are more tiles for ground than soft ground. It's awsome though.

I have a request if you wouldn't mind indulging me for a sec. You have a good handle with texture would you mind attempting a Mod of italy open ground for 43. You know that bright reddish, clay color. It's way to bright for my taste and doesn't blend well with the treebases, trees and other textures I use.

I am into the subdude look that started back with CM and use alot of Gurra's mods as well as others that look less bright. It defiantely needs toning down and retexturing.

Thanks,

Mord.

Thanks guys, I did look at the texture as open ground and your right it does look pretty good. Right now I am working on tree base textures, I am having a hell of a time with scatterd tree base. Just can't get it to look right. As always you a free to do what you wish with the any of the textures I upload and even upload a mod of your own if you wish to use in a diffrent gound tile. Agian thanks guys

I am not a tech guru but I have played around a bit with the terrain. The game engine does something funky with terrain tiles in early Italy. I renumbered the NA arid tiles for open ground dirt in Italy and got a weird collection of dots in light blue, teal, pink, here and there. I have had the same thing with some treebases and brush trials. In general, Italy early to mid, the engine tints things reddish, rather than having separate bmps for that period.

IOW what looks good in late war or NA my not work in 43 Italy. Check my entry at TPG, design tips, for seasons and bmp numbers in CMAK.

Junk2drive,

the thing you mention about the blue spots -

it occured for me as well, but I thought it had something to do with the light/colour balance in the texture. So I lowered intensity somewhat and also hue and then added some green tones in it to reduce the reddish appearence. Voila! No spots and perfect dry open ground á la Crete. And then, I removed some of the green in the texture and upped the intensity and I had wonderful arid rocks for North Africa...

smile.gif

No, I can´t upload any pictures. I could upload the whole thing to CMMODS though, in case WindyCity don´t mind. It doesn´t seem that he does, so I might do this tonight.

What I have done, as I have done before with other open ground mods, is to keep elevation changes as blending as possible. Some like that, some don´t. This is no exception. If you prefer easily spotted elevation changes, and have the slightest clue of how to use Photoshop or equivalent program, you can easily fix this for yourselves.

WindyCity, if you mind me uploading a open ground mod based on your texture, please drop in here and tell me.

Hrrmm...ok...you´re right there, I use it as brush too nowadays.

You know, I´m suffering from a bit of anxiety, since I haven´t done anything about that Korea map you send me. And now you ask for this.

We´ll see. I´m nor playing CM or modding at the moment actually, but you never know when things heat up again. ;)

Junk2drive,

you must have seen the mod´s back side-I forgot to tell, I think when time of year is set to late autumn/winter + 'unknown parameter', the open ground turns green.

It´s as if the in-built red toner for southern Italy open ground is turned off via the game engine in those cases. I didn´t think of it as a big problem, since there are not a hell of a lot of missions that corresponds with the issue.

Look at the mod in the scenario "Killing fields Marsala", i.e, and it should appear more like your above posted picture.

Regards

Gurra ;)