What was the standard 75mm Sherman ammo loadout?

warspite

That wouldn't even have to be deliberate sabotage, although I'm sure that was done too. But especially towards the end of the war, those native Germans still in industry were often working long, tiring shifts, maybe coping with bombed out housing, barely adequate food and other worries. That some of the work they were doing turned out slipshod doesn't surprise me.

I had a cousin who was a civilian employee of the US Air Force at one of its major logistical centers. When the AF took delivery of a new airplane, one of the first things they did with it was to fly it to this place where AF crews would tear it down and inspect it. He told me once that it was not at all uncommon to find loose bits and pieces, including wrenches and screwdrivers, floating around inside the fuel cells or other corners of the plane. I don't believe this was deliberate sabotage, though it might have been. It certainly wasn't the result of the stress factors that wartime German workers were subject to. But still it happened.

Michael

"I highly doubt that slave workers would have been used in assembling something as complex and experimental as a rocket fighter"

Actually, slave labor building V2 rockets was exactly what landed Werner von Braun in trouble after the war. There's nothing like a gun to the back of the head to help boost productivity.