Best Mods

Go to CMMODS and click on Designers. They all have good stuff, and are talented, but you will want everything from:

andrewtf

Juju

Limey

MikeyD

Tanks a Lot

They are the Masters. Whenever one of them posts a mod, don't even bother with waiting to look at a preview, just get it and prepare for amazement and joy.

Interestingly enough, whenever someone comes with a "must have mods" post everyone just assumes that its only graphics mods. What about the soundmods?

ive never seen anyone reccomend my mod, nightcrawlers or scipios (sorry if i forgot someone) soundmods.

is everyone that satisfied with the original sounds?

Is there a sound mod that replaces the reving racing cars? While I have no idea about the veracity of that sound, I'd replace it if I could!

Other than that, I haven't felt compelled to mod sounds. I guess there's always the minor hurdle of MP4->WAV conversion. If only I could figure out how to make McMMM do that automatically, then sound mods might be easy enough to install to make it more appealing...

GaJ.

I owe Oddball an apology. Sound mods are indeed a huge improvement in many cases. I have "cherry-picked" the sounds I like best from all the different sound mods to mix and match and create the best sound package for me, so I didn't really think about that in my original post.

Sound modding takes talent just as much as graphics modding, and they deserve their due, as well.

thanks, moop. i doubt i will release a package. i would rather instruct people to do their own. the megabytes are just too big for some things. if you already have the cmbo cmmos mod, use mcmmm to create a non-cmmos mod for cmak. or i renumber exsisting bmps, zip them up and swap with mcmmm. i do trial and error. some work, some dont. i just did the desert sand 1850-1869 to italy dirt 1570-1589. 3.87mb zip. why upload what you already have? otoh things i spend time redoing i will upload so you dont have to.

my new main page pic is desert sand, cmbo pac palm trees (i selected the bmps that work), treebases, and richard's brush (at cmhq-cmmos cmbo). first i tried the pacific bo mod with mcmmm. nope. trees are different, some went sideways. but treebases went fine, but the color isnt right with cmak palms. then i tried different treebases and brush bmps from cmhq until i had what i like.

keep an eye out, i will upload some things soon. trees will be today.

I can't remember who did it, but the Hetzer mod on CMMODs is my personal favourite- Czech production colours, or something like that. A pleasure to watch take pot shots at Shermans!

The Italian last seen icon is a must to have also- call me picky, but just couldn't spot the fasces (careful to spell that one right) in the desert.