MasterGoodale's Festive Thread of Hot Crumpets and Crispy Lips

Soddball

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was all the way through the last thread and three pages into this one when it occurred to me I will never, ever, never ever, get that five minutes of my life back.

Ever. :mad: :mad:

I am launching a class action lawsuit against the cesspool. :mad: :mad:

I have many turns to play and send out but first I need food in the pantry so you'll have to hold on to your horses, mules, chickens and other assorted barnyard animals.

Uberupdate later this evening. :mad:

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

Snarker!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You must always keep your growlies in odd numbers. It's more asthetically pleasing. smile.gif

Kitty

Jeez, now she's the Smiley Police. Kitty, did you by any chance attend a Parochial school somewhere back in your distant childhood?

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

You all anger and disgust me to no end. Especially my PBEM opponents. Which is just about all of you too. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Awww....

Why don't you give us a little kiss, bubbeleh?

Barring that, sending a fecking TURN might be nice. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Pinoccio = Parochial.

I like it.

You would. Here's a poem in honor of Boo's Parochial education:

There once was a nun named Attila

Of our hopes she was surely a killah

We went in cosmopolitan

And quite Neapolitan

But we all came out vanilla

Thank you, thank you.

:D (And for our hosts: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )

Michael

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Awww....

Why don't you give us a little kiss, bubbeleh?

Barring that, sending a fecking TURN might be nice.

Hey, if you played as good as you whined Boo, you would be the best player --- ever!!

Now, now, now...don't think of it as whining. Think of it more as cajoling. Providing you with an inducement to get up off your maggoty, flakey behind and send out turns to those that require so little from you. The people who just ask that you occasionally, bestir yorself to some semblance of responsibility.

There now, isn't that better?

:mad: You've given me extra incentive to play baseball with your troops' limbs Boo. :mad:

Sort of like A-Rod with the Red Sox, right? Oops, that didn't work out, did it? How about like Nomar with the Red Sox? Or will Mia get him to switch to soccer, since the Red Sox made it so clear they didn't want him? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyone think our boy mike_the_wino is in mourning for his dear, departed Vikings? Starting out 6-0, and finishing 3-7 and missing the playoffs is aggravating, isn't it? Especially when four of the losses came against the four worst teams in the NFL. tongue.gif:D:D

I see you took your evil pills this morning Dave. :mad: Watch out — you'll tarnish your good name around here.

That's what happens when I'm keeping a seat warm for a couple of weeks. There's nothing going on here at work, most people here and in Washington are on vacation, I'm extremely bored, and for a while this morning I couldn't even get onto this forum. Besides that, the weather is ridiculously warm and we're having a monsoon. :( This being an old building with steam heat, we have the windows open. What I wouldn't give for CMBB or CMAK installed on this computer so I could play a PBEM this afternoon. :(:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:mad: You've given me extra incentive to play baseball with your troops' limbs Boo. :mad:

Pfffft!

If you'd said hockey, I might have begun worrying, but seeing as you're Cannuckian, your baseball skills don't inspire much fear.

And I'll bet you throw like a gurrrrrl!

Well, the deed is done. From a Celeron 550 mhz with 192 mgs of ram and a 20 gig HD to:

Intel 865GBFL MOtherboard

MICROSOFT® WINDOWS® XP HOME

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.60 GHz (833 mhz front side bus)

512MB DDR MEMORY

SAMSUNG 160GB 7200 RPM HARD DRIVE OEM

EXTREME DEDICATED 8xAGP VIDEO

PERFECTLY FLAT SAMSUNG 19 INCH 0.20 HDPI MONITOR

52X24X52 CDRW IDE INTERNAL

DVDROM 16X INT. IDE

SOUNDMAX 3D SOUND, SPX & MIC. PRE-AMPLIFIER

ALTEC SERIES 100 121 2.1 SPEAKERS BLACK

MICROSOFT INTERNET KEYBOARD

MICROSOFT OPTICAL MOUSE

MS WORKS SUITE 2002 OEM

Paula's parents get our old one so everyone wins!

(Especially me ;) )

I'll be picking it up Friday. Right now I'm using a ZIP drive from work to save my favorite mods and such.

(And no, it won't make me a better player. :mad: )

I have finally got round to sending my turns. Updates below:

Keke is killing me. Again. I blame the scenario designer for giving me sucky tanks and halftracks. :mad: :mad:

Mannheim Tanker is suffering due to the tender love of my Italian machine gunners. :mad: :mad:

Jim Boggs has chosen the most wierd and whirly scenario and things have just gone from bad to worse.

Snarker continues to defy reason and cower like a fairy in our desert duel.

In Abbott's absence, I have tried to churn out some scenarios. I am not trying to fill his shoes - just his daughters - but I hope you will all sob and whimper in horror.

As a few of you have discovered, Inferno is out and flaming. I have no idea what it's like - having drunk Hoegaarden to block out the silliness - so I expect - nay, demand - accurate AARs from the Maggots.

I have a couple of others in the pipeline, too.

In a month or two's time I will be looking for one or two brave playtesters with super-dooper computers to playtest my new campaign against me. The map is half finished. The first two battalions are in.

Originally posted by Soddball:

In a month or two's time I will be looking for one or two brave playtesters with super-dooper computers to playtest my new campaign against me. The map is half finished. The first two battalions are in.

That sounds like a job for Axe and his new Cray :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any plans to update Kneiber Dam? That would look marvellous in the middle of the desert during daylight hours ... although I have my doubts about its historical accuracy. Not that it's ever stopped you before :mad: :mad: :mad:

Teddy

[ December 30, 2003, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

[QB] In a month or two's time I will be looking for one or two brave playtesters with super-dooper computers to playtest my new campaign against me. The map is half finished. The first two battalions are in.

That sounds like a job for Axe and his new Cray :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any plans to update Kneiber Dam? That would look marvellous in the middle of the desert during daylight hours ... although I have my doubts about its historical accuracy. Not that it's ever stopped you before :mad: :mad: :mad:

Teddy </font>