Is close arir support guaranteed in CMAK

I did a quick search but I couldn't find the specific answer I was looking for.

If air support is scheduled to arrive as reinforcements (e.g. - turn 8 100% chance). Is there still some question as to whether or not it will even show up?

I thought I remembered in previous versions of CM CAS was never a guaranteed thing. Is this still true in CMAK?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm playing a scenario in which I'm supposed to recieve air support on turn 10, it's now turn 19 and I've seen no sign of it. I'm just wondering if I should just assume it's not going to show up.

Originally posted by Green Hornet:

If air support is scheduled to arrive as reinforcements (e.g. - turn 8 100% chance). Is there still some question as to whether or not it will even show up?

Right. It may show up late or not at all. The rationale is that they may have gotten lost, been intercepted, or come across more inviting targets along the way. These kinds of diversions are not as likely with, say, ground reinforcements, which are therefore handled in a more straightforward manner.

Air power is a real wild card. Even if it shows up, as presently programmed it appears to have an almost 50-50 chance that it will choose to attack your troops instead of the enemy's.

You might be better off if it doesn't show up.

:rolleyes:

Michael

Hello one and all

CAS... I have noticed and tryed out a number of ways to get aircraft to show up/and shoot at the bad guys it would seem the better they are ie green > elite the better chance of a: showing up

b:getting the target right

it would seem you get what you pay for smile.gif

in most battles you do hear the aircraft turn up but.. is it mine or the other guys... to stop attack on your troops i have found after you hear a plane stop moving this seems to help id you ... poss dust etc /in cover.. but god help you if it is the other guy..

take care and happy hunting...

Hello one and all

i have had battles that are hit and miss

if its a meeting eng i feel you have more chance of being zapped.... no defined front line etc depends how the engine works it i guess... question for you all has any one had a blue on blue with AA shooting at the wrong guys ????

Originally posted by Sergei:

Actually, I think in CMBB CAS was made to appear reliably and would assume the same is true for CMAK.

So it will show up...

Except in the case where the game ends before the A/C shows up. You see, it isn't necessary to have a positive No Show command written into the code for the A/C not to make it to the battle.

Michael

Originally posted by Rabidbvr:

Hello one and all

i have had battles that are hit and miss

if its a meeting eng i feel you have more chance of being zapped.... no defined front line etc depends how the engine works it i guess... question for you all has any one had a blue on blue with AA shooting at the wrong guys ????

I have an end file whose AAR states 1 plane shot down for each side. A priest and a 40mm bofors both claim 1 plane, no axis unit claims a kill.

Gruß

Joachim