Driving me a little nuts

Trying to find CMAK scenarios that are based in Africa and Italy. Trouble is many scenaruos that are on the net for CMAK end up being for Northern Europe.

I actually downloaded some by mistake and they worked. Trouble is being the grog I am I expect the scenario wouldnt be at all accurate in certain respects as Im playing say a Normandy battle using and African/Italian game engine.

I know ther are mod sets out there to convert the game to ETO/Normandy but how accurate are these? I imagine certain OOB's are missing. Is this so?

I really dont want to play scenarios based in France using the standard CMAK game IF it isnt repesenting the battle accurately.

What if anything is missing from the ETO mod?

Is playing a France scenario using the standard CMAK game taking the p### in the accurate stakes?

Also how come there are two mods. One for Normandy and the other for after?

Thanks again.

Im after Africa and Italy scenarios.

Whats driving me nuts is most of the scenarios I keep finding are for CMAK but based in FRance etc etc.

More a commetn really.

Also I was suprised France scenarios actually worked without any ETO mods.

IF I havent downloaded the ETO mod and play a scenario based in France how inaccurtae will the scenario be?

CMAK, for the most part, does a good job of representing battles in northwestern Europe. A US infantry company in Italy, July 1944, was basically the same as an infantry company in France at the same time. Likewise, vehicles, guns, and aircraft are the same. The major problem you will run into is the absence of some vehicles from CMAK. The biggest missing unit is the Cromwell, but there are others, especially late war units like King Tigers, Pershings, Jacksons, and others. These AFVs never saw action in Italy, and thus are not included.

The biggest problem with making CMAK homologous with France are the various differences in terrain. These can be fixed with a large mod like CMETO, which makes the buildings, crops, and backdrop look like French terrain instead of Italian, and. Various other mods will make the vehicles and infantry look like units that fought in France.

There are plenty of scenarios and operations that are set in Italy, Sicily, Crete, and Africa. But I feel that the scenarios and ops set in France are just as good as the others, and add another facet to the game.

Originally posted by Wodin:

IF I havent downloaded the ETO mod and play a scenario based in France how inaccurtae will the scenario be?

Didn't see you had typed this until I had already replied. To clarify what I said: For the most part it should be spot on. Some British scenarios might use Valentines in lieu of Cromwells, which is a slightly less than satisfactory arrangement, and the backdrop will always be mountainous without a mod like CMETO. Other than that, it works very well and I think it extends the life of the game by adding an entire new theater.

Wodin,

Use the advanced search at the SD2. It allows you to search by region. If you enter "Italy" I highly recommend 2 by Kingfish - "The villas of Tuscany" and "Strada in chiante" They are well-researched, quintessential Italian campaign scenarios, that play well versus the Axis AI IMHO.