Small glitch in prisoner/score points

I just played the Line of Defense scenario in demo as Germans, 79-21 victory.

Anyhow, I noticed that allied had 23 points worth of captured. That intrigued me very much, since I couldn't remember seeing any Germans surrendering, so I saved and checked. No Germans captured, went twice through all units. 2 US squads and 1 crew was captured by Germans.

I checked both sides twice, and I have save if someone is interested.

Now, is this related to now infamous "fortifications count as casualties for defender" bug/feature in CMBB ? (See CMBB forum for additional details.)

I saw that germans did have some barbed wire, so I assume the bug is still there. What alarmed me is that it's counted as "captured", which makes it TWICE as costly for defender having fortifications, TRPs etc. I think that might be even more serious thing than I realized.

Cheers,

M.S.

Mr. T -

Your result might be due to the fact that some units are worth more points than others when they are killed or captured. Experience level matters. There are also some factors that affect point value beyond experience. The two most common examples are vehicle/gun crews and FOs. Crews in general are worth more points than your average grunt if killed/captured. I'm not sure, but IIRC higher-level commanders (Bn commanders, at least) have a higher value as casualties than they do as purchase 'cost'. IIRC, FO teams are also worth more points per man as casualties, though much less then their purchase - you don't get 200+ points for killing a large caliber FO! I think it's something like 30 points for an FO pair. . .

If the casualty total in your game had a lot of crews and FOs in the "casualty" column, and just mostly grunts in the "captured" column, this woudl explain your results.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

Sardaukar,

Is it possible that the AI moved the troops it captured off the board before the end of the scenario? That would explain why you couldn't find them at the end of the game.

That'd be possible...but I cannot see anyone missing....dead yes, but not missing.

Anyhow, it hasn't ruined the game for me :D Wouldn't even have noticed without special circumstances.

Cheers,

M.S.

[ November 21, 2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Sardaukar ]

Spoiler

etc

I just played the June 44 as US and had a minor victory. 57:43

German Casualties: 124 POW: 32 (German Surrender too)

US Casualties:61

I held all flags. I had a 2:1 'kill' ratio and he surrenders and I have all the flags and its a Minor Victory. I stomped his nuts. I get 1092 points for German casualties. I get 261 for POWs. I get 700 for the flags.

He gets 1522 for killing Green US Troops?

[ November 21, 2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Tittles ]

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Mr. T -

Your result might be due to the fact that some units are worth more points than others when they are killed or captured. Experience level matters. There are also some factors that affect point value beyond experience. The two most common examples are vehicle/gun crews and FOs. Crews in general are worth more points than your average grunt if killed/captured. I'm not sure, but IIRC higher-level commanders (Bn commanders, at least) have a higher value as casualties than they do as purchase 'cost'. IIRC, FO teams are also worth more points per man as casualties, though much less then their purchase - you don't get 200+ points for killing a large caliber FO! I think it's something like 30 points for an FO pair. . .

If the casualty total in your game had a lot of crews and FOs in the "casualty" column, and just mostly grunts in the "captured" column, this woudl explain your results.

Cheers,

YD

I did a test to see if capturing forces is really worth 2X the amount. I used LOD. spoiler

I put one plat HQ and one tank killer 2 man team in the open. I put another of each hiding in the town. The rest of the german forces were ordered to get off the board.

I had all US armor surround the exposed units and killed them, even though they tried to surrender. I used area fire and yelled "die, die, die'.

I then surrendered the germans.

The result was not exactly double. There was 6 casualties and one was a KIA. There was 6 surrendered POWs. I got 33 points for the casualties and 64 points for the POWs.

But the surprising thing was one of the bastards shot one of my TCs! I didnt pay any attention when it happened. He got 31 points!