Appologies to new (V3.0) McMMM users (new version available)

EDIT: the only reason you would need to get this new version is if McMMM keeps asking you to send a postcard after you tell it that you sent one.

I just discovered a problem that would happen if you downloaded the most recent version of McMMM and had never used an older version.

If V3.0 was the first you ever used, then it will always give you the "nag" to send me a postcard, even if you click "I sent one".

That's not right! It's supposed to leave you in peace after you've sent me the postcard!

So - after you've gotten around to sending that postcard, and you want that reminder screen to go away, you can pick up the new version at

CMMODS, and it will leave you in peace!

GaJ.

(I guess no-one noticed this bug yet, right, since no-one sent a card yet... ;) )

[ September 19, 2004, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Thanks to those who did send postcards!

I got 10, and loved each one (including the e-postcard: that counts :) ). It makes my day when they arrrive. I have them carefully saved.

I was really meaning that I've had none since I released 3.0. This bug only applies to those new users who never had McMMM installed before they installed 3.0 ... such people would have experienced the bug after they pressed "I sent one" ... McMMM would have kept hassling them to send a postcard still! But of course since I haven't got any postcards from such people, then no-one would have pressed that button yet, eh? :)

People who had a 2.x version installed will never see this bug (unless they cleaned their registry!).

Nelson: it was two pubs and one church: good ratio, eh? :)

Cheers,

GaJ.

The only difference between 3.01 and 3.0 is that 3.01 won't bug you after you press the "I sent one" button.

IF you never had a 2.x version installed then 3.0 would never stop bugging you.

You ONLY need to get the new version if 3.0 was the first verison you ever had, and if you are sick of it asking you to send me a postcard :)

Cheers,

GaJ.

a dropdown menu, with single clicks to navigate. most people probably dont have a problem.

i have f:\cm mods\MCMMMzips as my folder. i dont have every zip in that folder. the list would be huge. if i am working on a project, like sealion, i keep those zips in f:\cm mods\sealion. if i need to delete zips with mistakes, then add new mods from that folder, each zip i have to click change, then go through the popup window. if the directory would stay in that folder until close McMMM it would help. i can change the directory manually, but then i have to change it back manually.