Scenario Depot v2 Release Date - June 6, 2004

Originally posted by Holien:

Is there anyway that I can somehow get a list of the scenarios with the most reviews? I.e. say above 10?

That way I could then limit my search for a scenario by just checking those with a certain number of reviews.

Each section of The Lists now provide a category for Top 20 Battle Reviews (# of reviews - All Time). However, this is only for reviews posted under the current system, therefore it will take some time to build up that list.

I could add a field in the Search function to display CMBO/CMBB/CMAK battles/operations/maps equal to or above a user-specified value of current or historical reviews. Ive added that to the SDv3 To Do list.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belated here, but awesome job on the upgrade. Makes me want to go and start refactoring or somefink.

Regarding the preceeding debate about search, check out the scenario search on boots and tracks. I set it up to allow users to find what they want quickly and easily. Main theory is to limit searchable options to keep things manageable. Link is http://bootsandtracks.com/ScenSearch.php if anyone is curious.

WWB

Couple of ideas that might be considered at some point:

LISTS - anybody could set up a list of their own, for example "Sergei's Stalingrad list" would have Stalingrad-related battles that I would like to recommend, and maybe also I could put there couple of useful links for people who want to know more about the battle of Stalingrad and a short (or longer, if I'm on the essay-ish mood) written description of why this list was created, with some comments on the list scenarios too. You know, something like they have at Amazon.

REVIEWER HALL OF FAME - the amount of reviews & AAR's a member has written are recorded and displayed here, with stats like "most reviews in last 30 days", or sumfink. The point being to give a little bit of credit to those who really bother to help designers with feedback.

Whaddaya think?

Originally posted by Sergei:

Couple of ideas that might be considered at some point:

LISTS - anybody could set up a list of their own, for example "Sergei's Stalingrad list" would have Stalingrad-related battles that I would like to recommend, and maybe also I could put there couple of useful links for people who want to know more about the battle of Stalingrad and a short (or longer, if I'm on the essay-ish mood) written description of why this list was created, with some comments on the list scenarios too. You know, something like they have at Amazon.

REVIEWER HALL OF FAME - the amount of reviews & AAR's a member has written are recorded and displayed here, with stats like "most reviews in last 30 days", or sumfink. The point being to give a little bit of credit to those who really bother to help designers with feedback.

Whaddaya think?

Hmmm. Superlative ideas. I have added them to the SDv3 To Do list. However, SDv3 may be momentarily delayed whilst I secure gainful employment.

When you upload an operation, there is a datafield for # of battles and a dropdown list for turns. While viewing operations, however, in the short version you only see "Length" in battles, and in the long version there is a label "Turns" but this too tells just how many battles there are. Since the data is in the database, this should be easy to fix I think.

• 2 weeks later...