Good "CMBO-ish" Mods for CMAK

pursuing a thread on the CMBO forum, someone suggested getting mods for CMAK rather than buying CMBO. Even though I'm aware of the differnces, I still play CMBO a lot because of the type of scenery and the theater in which it's played.

I have all 3 games, but just got CMAK..what are some good mods to give it the CMBO look and feel (US vs. Germans, France, etc). Thanks...

Wicky, thanks for the link...I should have specified I'm not looking for winter mods.

I'm on cmmods right now, as a matter of fact...the only problem so far is having to d/l stuff and try it out...many of the things I'm looking at don't have preview pictures.

So far, the main thing is I need some decent GREEN grass...not brown, not muddy, just the good old green green grass of home lol. (cue the banjo music).

I'm trying to make CMAK look more like this:

cmbo4.jpg

Have you seen anything with grass this green, for example?

This is a first

Should be easy to make CMAK look like CMBO, Just copy over what you need from your bmp data folder. Get a ginormous hard drive and remember to do a back up.

GET DOWN! *incoming grass mod cracks* ;)

Originally posted by madDdog67:

Wicky, thanks for the link...I should have specified I'm not looking for winter mods.

I'm on cmmods right now, as a matter of fact...the only problem so far is having to d/l stuff and try it out...many of the things I'm looking at don't have preview pictures.

So far, the main thing is I need some decent GREEN grass...not brown, not muddy, just the good old green green grass of home lol. (cue the banjo music).

I'm trying to make CMAK look more like this:

Have you seen anything with grass this green, for example?

okay...I really only want CMAK to look like CMBO for doing D-Day ish scenarios...not for desert warfare obviously.

I didnt' realize there was a non snow version of the Ardennes mod...it's getting closer to what I want now...looks a lot like CMBB lol. Now...to look for some autumn trees and better scattered tree bases, and I think I'll be all set.

If you do a search on the subject of D-Day or Ardennes or Normandy you should find a LOT of NW-Europe specific CMAK mods and scenarios. As a matter of fact, just about every CMBO scenario that doesn't involve a King Tiger may have been redone for CMAK!

Autumn trees are more iffy. CM doesn't support the change of seasons tree-wise. What the heck, D-Day happened in June anyway!

What can I say...I've been playing CMBO since a month or two of it's release...I like the look of it...so get out the hammer, nails and cross already hehe.

To me, CMBB and CMAK look soul-less out of the box...maybe sterile is a better word. Even with mods, they just don't seem to have the same "life" that CMBO does for me. Either way, I've had a slew of different terrain mods installed for CMBO, and I've just grown accustomed to them.

It's personal preference, what can I say...some people actually think Renee Russo is an attractive woman, for example. *grin*