T81081T

Couldn't wait to get home with it, so I loaded it at work just to look at the content. First impression: fantastic. I LOVE the background terrain. Just perfect. The attention to detail is superb.

Question: I looked through the battles and campaigns and didn't see a Cassino battle/assualt. Did I miss something, or is there no scenario for this? Not that a person couldn't make one, of course. tongue.gif

Problem with Cassino is its a BIG FREAKIN' MOUNTAIN! Kind'a difficult to recreate accurately at CM scale. They've got a few other mountain assaults to choose from among the scenarios, though.

Still, I was a bit surprised nobody dared to at least take a nibble out of a corner of Cassino, myself. It sounds like it could be prime fodder for lots of 3rd party scenarios.

Good points. The elevation of Cassino is something like 5,000 feet. Not sure what the surrounding countryside elevation is, but it's a fair guess that Cassino rises at least a couple thousand feet higher than it's surrounding terrain. Does anyone know the maximum elevation variation or spread achievable in CM?

Also, I don't mind if it's been destroyed before: I like watching rubble bounce!

There were two ASL modules dealing with the battles for Cassino which raged over a 4 month period; I have one of them. ASL Veteran has expressed an interest in using them as the basis for some conversions/new scenarios. I must confess, I have an interest in it as well but will probably confine my own efforts initially to Canadian actions.

Still no joy in Canada as far as the postman goes, but CMBB was hit or miss; I got mine in a week while other Canadians (notably Toronto) had to wait much longer - perhaps the pendulum will swing this time. Who knows...