MAJOR OMISSION - Allied Hand Held Anti-Tank Weapons

Posted by Moon Feb 27, definitely states they read the bug reports. Matter if fact, Moon's last reply about a bug was Mar 16:

Now CMAK is still open and still supported, and I would be surprised if there won't be at least a 1.02 at some point. We do read the bug reports, and we do update our database of stuff-to-do. But you will excuse us that we don't scramble to release a new patch version everytime you post. Especially not now after CMAK is the third in the series and as such the most polished game - despite a number of remaining and more or less important issues, but again, such issues will always remain and I am quite sure that in a few years from now we'll still be getting patch requests, as we sometimes do for CMBO even.

(additional remarks:)

To all who posted bugs here - thanks a lot *again*, we really appreciate this. No matter how hard you try to squish bugs, there are always unresolved issues, especially in a simulation as complex as CM where it's not just a simple tweak to an armor penetration chart entry or somesuch to fix stuff. So thanks again for the dedication, and rest assured that it's not in vain as we won't drop CMAK support anytime soon, and in fact are working currently on a number of *supporting* projects. I'd tell you what, but since Redwolf is listening and he claims to be able to predict the future (what we think and what we will do), I don't want to make him look bad.

Martin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

instead just occasional frustrated notes of "we're reading it"

Really? BFC has indicated they are reading the notes on bugs and corrections? I've seen no evidence of that, can you point me to the posts in question? Given that the entire point of my original thread was to make one topic and one list which they could easily reference, very baffling to have absolutely no response whatsoever to it. Of course, this is not anything so important as the markings on a Y Wing, of course... :-P </font>

Originally posted by redwolf:

Personally I don't doubt they read all the stuff but I am also sure they will overlook (not reject) something, because things are way too chaotic and they don't give any hints what is considered/rejected and what is not.
Right, well, I am not reading this.

You attempt to start an organized thread was the way to go and they did not accept it which is sad.
What do you mean with us not accepting it?

Redwolf, I have told you before that you should be careful about making assumptions about what we do or don't. You have no idea what we do, don't, or plan to do. The fact that this thread didn't get a sticky or a comment from us does not mean that we don't accept it. Or don't read it. Or don't care.

We're ecstatic that people take the trouble to report all the various issues which are simply unavoidable in a project which has grown so much in complexity as did the CM series, and when you look back at our product support since CMBO, you should acklowledge that we care about delivering a good product more than your average developer. Your constant whining about "they don't read, they don't care, they don't accept" is not only unfounded, it's downright insulting.

We have a tight schedule going forward, and we will work according to that schedule, not to how you think we should work. We plan to issue another patch after collecting a bunch of outstanding critical issues, see what is high priority and what isn't, and move on. Not all issues will be addressed, and our priority list might be different from yours - tough. We would still be "fixing" CMBO and there would have been no CMBB and CMAK (and BFC for that matter) if it was up to some people on this forum to decide.

Anyway, I think this thread here has run its course, and I am going to lock it. Just so you know, it will be filed away for when we get to the next CMAK patch and read 500 times by all BFC members. Although the constant whining has actually probably reduced its usefulness.

Martin