Die Brücke Von Remagen

MacDuro

In the last months of World War II, elements of the US 1st Army approach the last standing bridge over the Rhine River. The Rhine is the last natural barrier between Allied forces on the western front, and Germany's industrial heartland. While the battle weary Americans reluctantly follow orders to capture the bridge intact, a scratch force of German defenders do their best to defend the bridge without actually destroying it and cutting off the escape route of 75,000 of their German comrades on the far side of the Rhine.

http://webs.ono.com/mcdurolgg/El%20puente%20de%20Remagen.cmg Download

remagen2.JPG

Well, played it yesterday Germans vs. the AI. 27+ turns, AI beaten very easily, although the German OOB comprises mostly of Greens and Conscripts. Not very much setup options either for the German player (most units are locked); therefore I think it's meant for play as US. Map isn't that big and mostly cosmetical - you essentially fight at two locations: town center and church on the hill. Fight for the bridge only if the AI is indeed fast enough or you play US.

Anyway, BIG problem: description only is provided in Spanish/Portuguese, so the player has no real idea what's going on in this fight if he isn't familiar with the battle.

That's about it for the moment. Anyone else already tried it?

I looked at it, and agree the map is very nice, although the combination German / Spanish landmarks seem odd.

One other thing I found odd about the map is the general arrangment of the craters, which seem a little too evenly spaced. This is just an observation based on personal preference.

This would no doubt be a challenge for the German player in a H2H, but I would recommend removing the padlocks and allowing freedom to deploy as he sees fit. Perhaps two versions of the scenario - H2H and against the Axis AI.