My TNT chucker, my TNT chucker why hast thou forsaken me? The 99% Goodale-free Waffle

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Speaking of deserting the Eastern Front, I'm looking for someone who wants to play pure infantry on a little Stalingrad map.

Type: Axis Attack

Weather: Winter, Snow, Freezing Cold

20 turns fixed ending.

You can be either side. Do not let the fact that we are currently engaged in a battle dissuade you from crossing swords in this match. No sigs are at stake, it's just for fun. Wolfsacks need not apply.

Done! I'll defend, since we're the other way 'round in our current battle. </font>

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: :mad: :mad: Finally roll out of bed, you grape-stained wretch?

I am on GMT...let's me stay late watching my newly installed cable and then to sleep in to a reasonable hour, noon-ish.

Seriously, been stuck driving around checking on stuff(really, it's like work, I have to talk to people and plan stuff). Quite technical. For instance how much water would you add to a 8300 gallons of juice that is at 27 Brix(a measure of sugar contnet) to reduce the Brix to 24? Quick lads, the clocks a-ticking. And while you are at it how much Tartaric acid to add? 2 grams per liter? 3? 4? Which ester-producing-yeast to use for Viognier? Then it's back to the office, gather it all up, drive back, write up work-orders and then off to get beer. Exhausting, positively tiresome. Even worse I am supposed to be nice to these people.....hence the beer to counteract the jumbo mocha from the morning. :rolleyes:

In an effort to try and understand the babbling of the wino I ran his most recent post through the Babelfish Universal Translator

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

I am on GMT...let's me stay late watching my newly installed cable and then to sleep in to a reasonable hour, noon-ish.

Means he never could figure out how to read the hands on a watch, so now he uses digital only. His clock has been flashing 12:00 since he plugged it in.

Seriously, been stuck driving around checking on stuff(really, it's like work, I have to talk to people and plan stuff). Quite technical.

Long line at the Beverage Castle. Trying to convert $1.96 into a case of beer.

For instance how much water would you add to a 8300 gallons of juice that is at 27 Brix(a measure of sugar contnet) to reduce the Brix to 24?
Vague reference to his using bricks to hold down the tent flaps on his luxery condo. Apparently, after a hard night of drinking, the empty bottles have the equivalent weight of 3 bricks.

Quick lads, the clocks a-ticking. And while you are at it how much Tartaric acid to add? 2 grams per liter? 3? 4? Which ester-producing-yeast to use for Viognier?
Apparently this is a recipe for turning a vinegar douche into something drinkable.

Then it's back to the office, gather it all up, drive back, write up work-orders and then off to get beer. Exhausting, positively tiresome. Even worse I am supposed to be nice to these people.....hence the beer to counteract the jumbo mocha from the morning. :rolleyes:
The office is apparently short for The Office Pub. As it is the only place that still allows him to run a tab, he has to be nice. The work orders in question are work for beer chits. He is now obligated to work for the Pub for the next 1,000 years to pay off his tab.

After this completed, I was notified that I am permanently banned from using Babelfish. Apparently, the translation strain has completely gutted their server. :mad:

[ September 30, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Apparently this is a recipe for turning a vinegar douche into something drinkable.

Quite wrong, sunny Jim. I don't make wine for Canadian export. That stuff is atrocious. Poor home-winemaking schmucks and their pails of ****e not fit for human consumption. :eek:

BTW, don't you owe turns or sumfink? We are just getting to the interesting part. You know that part, it's the part where through ineptitude you lose. Maybe not fun for you but it should be familiar ground by now. :D

My skin's thicker than MasterGoodale's skull.

You thick skull provides some decent protection as well one would imagine. The addition of the sloper makes that armor even more effective. How many cans have you smashed on that thick dome of yours? Can't count past 10 before removing your shoes yet can ya?

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

I would feel pity for you but pity is for the weak.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, then I can definitely feel pity for good ole mike_da_nugget, because he is most definitely weak. </font>

Seriously, been stuck driving around checking on stuff(really, it's like work, I have to talk to people and plan stuff). Quite technical. For instance how much water would you add to a 8300 gallons of juice that is at 27 Brix(a measure of sugar contnet) to reduce the Brix to 24? Quick lads, the clocks a-ticking. And while you are at it how much Tartaric acid to add? 2 grams per liter? 3? 4?...

C'mon, is all that hard work really necessary just to make wine of such unriveled quality that it is to be poured from a little spout at the base of a box?

I'll keep checking the cooler at 7-11 in eager anticipation. :D

Becket!!!

Need a Grog here. All I can find for the Italians is an L6/40 with a 20mm gun (tankette) and a L40 with a 47/32 gun (tank destroyer).

What would be a good mix against a British force of Valentine IV's and Matilda II's? It looks like the British force would be too powerful.

Am I gonna have to use PzIII's to make it even?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

I would feel pity for you but pity is for the weak.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, then I can definitely feel pity for good ole mike_da_nugget, because he is most definitely weak. </font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Becket!!!

Need a Grog here. All I can find for the Italians is an L6/40 with a 20mm gun (tankette) and a L40 with a 47/32 gun (tank destroyer).

What would be a good mix against a British force of Valentine IV's and Matilda II's? It looks like the British force would be too powerful.

Yes. The Italian armor was incapable of standing up to the Brits even before the Grants and Shermans arrived (at least according to Latimer).

smile.gif

11782_0012.jpg

This guy is weak?!?!?

Do you even know what that word means? Don't they issue you journal-****s a dictionary or sumfink?

On the upside, it looks like journalists can't be prosecuted for releasing the names of CIA operatives, even if it jeopardizes that person's life. You must feel soooo much pride for your colleague, Robert D. Novack.

One small step for yellow journalism, one giant step for the destruction of the civilized world.

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Becket!!!

Yes. The Italian armor was incapable of standing up to the Brits even before the Grants and Shermans arrived (at least according to Latimer).

smile.gif </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

Anyone else want a REAL game?

Why, do you know a REAL player? </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I'll have you know, you dancing ragamuffin, that I was quoted out of context.

That's not true - I've quoted you in the PONGO thread too - which is exactly the context!

You expect a Kiwi to get something right???

Of course he does - he's an intelligent chap - not like an Aussie at all!

[ September 30, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

You must feel soooo much pride for your colleague, Robert D. Novack.

Meh, he's no journalist -- he's a shill for the Republican Party.

But he's not as bad as that self-important gas bag *ucker, I mean Tucker Carlson.

carlson.tucker.jpg

Ooooh, I hates that guy. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And Becket -- you sir, have insulted me. :mad: I'd challenge you to a match, but we're already playing two of them.