Foxholes, Craters

That means i can have an Infantry squad run into a foxhole that was created by a Sniper and still have same cover as an Infantry squad in a 155 Crater or 500 bomb crater.

[ August 10, 2006, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: JoMc67 ]

Originally posted by JoMc67:

That means i can have an Infantry squad run into a foxhole that was created by a Sniper and still have same cover as an Infantry squad in a 155 Crater or 500 bomb crater.

Yep. Even more to the point, a squad can use the foxhole created by the sniper. I think that CM missed the boat on this one. If the game can distinguish vehicle carrying capacity, it could also have done the same for foxholes and craters. Maybe in CM2 ...

CM does not distinguish carryiny capacity for foxholes but it does distinguish carrying capacity for creaters by the actual size of the creater. If it is big enough for a squad or team it will let you know that a unit will fit in it when you move the curser over it while you are plotting moves or seeing the units vision etc.

However I don't know if there are different sizes at which teams and squads are allowed to fit into creaters and gain their protective benifits. I've never tested, but I think a team will be able to fit into a smaller creater than a full squad, but I'm not sure. Otherwise it is only from the same size and up of creaters that either will fit along with guns. Tanks can fit into creaters too IIRC, but only in the largest sizes.