Good scenarios for Russians

Far from me to toot my own horn, but I have a battle over to the TPG's, DEY-Counterstroke E1.

I was trying to make it an Human controlled Axis versus Computer controlled Allied, but frankly the version at TPG right now plays better as Russians against the AI.

I also feel this version would be a pretty good H2H scrap.

It's a small tank only battle. In case your one of these snowy ground haters, be warned it is a winter battle though.

My Operation Uranus scenario pack plays well as the Russians. It covers what Germans call the Stalingrad counterattack.

Operation Kutuzov is coming soon. (Most scenarios are done, but still being given preliminary testing). It will cover what Germans call the Orel offensive, which ended their own attempt at Kursk.

• 4 weeks later...

Complied a list of the Russian vs AI scenarios on TPG and SD2 and Boots and Tracks which gave me about 20 on the first two and 10 on the last one. Also found a good selection on Andreas Biermans website which gave about another 10.

Just started to play through them starting with "HSK Kalinin Road" - which was excellent and great fun - much better than the version on the game CD.

Quite fancy "Tankovyi Desant" from Blowtorch scenarios but it can only be played as the Germans but may be quite illustrating.

cheers

Originally posted by Der Alte Fritz:

Quite fancy "Tankovyi Desant" from Blowtorch scenarios but it can only be played as the Germans but may be quite illustrating.

cheers

Hi

You can play it as the Soviets against the German AI - it does work out just not as cat and mouse as playing either as H2H (best it's a great hunt and kill action!)or chasing down the Soviet AI. Still worth giving it a shot.

Have you checked out Stuetzpunkt Glowaczow also available at my website - loads of Soviet armour in that one smile.gif

And Born Again at Prokhorovka - see why Rotmistrov did what he did ;)

Cheers fur noo

George

This is the list that I have so far for Soviet vs AI games. Does anyone know good games that were rescued from the old Scenario Depot?

cheers

Good Scenarios to Play as Russians

Soviets v AI

Operation Uranus series JasonC TPG

Iron Roadblock CD

TSD

HSG T-34 Threat vs AI By: MAD RUSSIAN

SB Beginning of the.. By: HANS

POS-Duck Shoot By: POOR OLD SPIKE

SB Small Day in Schwedt By: HANS

HSG Ksk Knights of Old By: MAD RUSSIAN

POS-Tiger Stalk By: POOR OLD SPIKE

SB A Simple Attack By: HANS

HSG AG Berezina Ballet By: MAD RUSSIAN

TPG

HSG Kalinin Raid By: BERTRAND DOSSMANN excellent

David Vs Goliath By: STAMASPAMA

Elefant Charge By: STAMASPAMA

ATS-PL2 Ripping the line By: STEELWHIP2001

Roadcut By: PAVLOV

Bokachevo, July, '43,V2 By: KENFEDOROFF

Korsun Salient By: KIPWATSON

Nikitinka Station By: KENFEDOROFF

Pebbles in the Stream By: STEELWHIP2001

Rear Guard (AI) By: BANNON DC

Counterstroke E1 by DEY

Andreas Biermann

A Gift from Afar

A visit at dawn

Bringing it on

FD Kutuzov

RAS The drama begins

RAS Turning East

RAS Small assault

SP Waltzing Matilda

The sideshow

Boots and Tracks

Hitlers Son

Odessa Reprive

SP Antonescu Kaputt

SP Hollow Legion

SP What might have been

Pershotraneye Ridge

Richie

Battle for Reichstag

Across Moltke bridge

Blowtorch Scenarios

JasonC Training Ones

Stuetzpunkt Glowaczow

Born Again at Prokhorovka

Tankovyi Desant

Originally posted by Der Alte Fritz:

Hi George

Just finished Tankovyi Desant. Immense fun! It really is a pleasure to have a big map to drive across and you really have to go for it to finish within 45 moves. Really tempted to have a go as the Germans.

cheers

Hi Alte Fritz

Glad you enjoyed it! Nice one smile.gif

It's worth playing as the Germans Vs Soviet AI. Give the AI a combat experience bonus and then go looking for it - equally as challenging. The AI does move slow but can prove an equal challenge in this.

If I could ask a favour - any chance you could give it a review over at The Scenario Depot - I'd very much appreciate it :D

Many thanks for playing it through and posting your comments here. smile.gif

Cheers fur noo

George

George's scenarios are awesome.

Check out Tank Battle Problems 1-3, they'll really make you scratch your head.

I'm halfway through Operation Uranus by JasonC (vs. AI). As the Soviets, it's a huge challenge that requires excellent tactics. Highly recomended for anyone who enjoyed Russian Training Scenarios; this is the next level.