Extreme fog of war Q

Originally posted by vincere:

On full fog of war I noticed that when enemy troops take cover and drop out of sight and I pour in the fire on area target when the infantry dies it flips over seen.

Does this happen on extreme fog of war?

And if so does it happen on guns?

I'm not sure how it is determined, but sometimes you will see the eliminated unit marker, or sometimes you will just see the symbol for a unit you can't see, only to find out later that unit had been eliminated.

Guns won't always show up as knocked out. The easiest way to tell is to see if a Infantry? symbol appeared right next to the gun after a close shell hit. This way you can know the gun is gone even if it doesn't display a knocked out label.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by vincere:

Thanks for the speady good tips.

I had sight of a Russian Star after previously spotting the gun. Now when a 81mm mortar shell almost hit the foxhole the star just disappeared.

Can I take this as a kill or could it be thaking cover/pinned?

That team or squad may well have been taking cover, which reduces their visibility IIRC.

This would make sense, and would mean that if you could only see the star, and were hence at a long range, that you could no longer even see the beginnings of the unit.

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is that the crew takes cover or is pinned, not the gun itself. If you have unobstructed LOS you should be able to see the gun regardless of the crew's level of morale.

You might want to watch the movie again with the enemy gun selected and by hitting Tab and zooming in on it. You will find yourself directly behind it, will see where your shots fall and might hear the crew's cries if on target.

Evzone

• 2 weeks later...