Just purchased and installed CMBB:SE

• 4 months later...

Bump! Kick! Boot! back to the top U go...

Hi again, I'm back. Never really was able to get started playing CMBB but I'm gonna give it a shot again. Read the manual again for 2nd time heh smile.gif I'm still a bit confused but I just gotta get out there and lead my troops I reckon.

I'm playing the very 1st battle on the list A Battle of Minors and I'm having a very tough time with my first contact with the enemy. Seems the enemy gets the 1st shots off most of the time. Not sure what turn it is but when my tanks reserves start coming in I cannot get them into the action they seem to be stuck in the mud or trees back at the setup zone. How many turns should it take to get my tanks moved up to front line near the cross roads in this scenario??

If anyone else has some tips I'd love to hear about them.

Thx

Kiloton

Which side are you playing? There's no real reason why the tanks can't cover most of the map quickly... it's not that big. Note that they go pretty slowly in scattered trees, and because it's wet they can indeed bog. If you click on them, their status will tell you "bogged". They will try to get unbogged. If they can't, they will become immobile.

If you are attacking, it's pretty inevitable that they enemy will get the first shot: he's sitting there waiting till you arrive. The trick is to make sure he only shoots something small, and to have plenty of firepower waiting to blast the thing that he opens fire with. Of course, it may be a bluff: perhaps he opens fire with something small to flish out your main attacking force. Maybe you respond with only a small force to see if he's bluffing. fun, eh?