Simple? Question about PBEM files

Hi friends. I'm a newbie and since a pair of weeks I started several PBEM games. But I have a hotmail account and now the files are becoming huge! Yesterday I wasn't able to sent one of the files, either it was deflated by PBEM helper.

Is this a problem with all the scenarios? How should I choose it to ensure the files could be sent easily?

Thx a lot in advance for your help!

Caronte

Thx for your answers:

Thx, Maus. I didn't know about winace. I'll pay a look on it.

Zukkov, I was speaking about zipped files, including .zip, .rar, and PBEM files. Whatever the zip system, it was always over the 1 mb allowed by plain hotmail account. :cool:

Thx for the correction. I love using those latin classic signatures: "Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat" or "Si vis pacem, para bellum"... (So sorry if I was wrong in any of these citations; no traslation 'til the next reply ;) ).

I love classical history and Mythology, as you can also observe in my nickname! :D

Yeah, I saw it yesterday: the PBEM file seemed 1 Mb only, but hotmail reject it as a 1.3 Mb file :confused:

So the question remain unknown: How many points should I get in the QMB to ensure not having this kind of problems in PBEM games? What increases those files the most? The amount of troops? Firing actions? Movements? ..?

[ August 28, 2003, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Caronte ]

Originally posted by Caronte:

So the question remain unknown: How many points should I get in the QMB to ensure not having this kind of problems in PBEM games? What increases those files the most? The amount of troops? Firing actions? Movements? ..?

All of the above, but especially firing calculations. With a hotmail account you're going to be limited to small to medium scenarios at most. Say 1500pts or smaller. I'd ditch it and get a better email account as nothing is more frustrating than just getting into the game and having to drop it because your opponent can't send the files.

I used hotmail and it couldn't handle my Pbem games either until I bought the upgrade. I think it was like $20.00 for a year but it works fine now with the upgrade. I've not had any problems.

Edited to add that I do have to have my turns zipped to me however but I don't think that has anything to do with hotmail. I think I just don't know how to use the turn unless it's zipped.

[ August 28, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: lcm1947 ]