Barbarosa to Berlin Retail

Cpl Dodge wrote

I agree with Michael on this one. Pay an extra $5 and let BFC get all the money. However, I will go ahead and buy the retail version. Not because it is cheaper, but because it is the 1.03 version and has an extra cd full of mods. If BFC would offer that, I would much rather pay the full price to them. But I will have to settle with letting CDV get part of the pie and saving $5 (I dont know where you are getting $15).

Ok this is interesting. I just checked with my local Electronic's Boutique and they will have CMBB Sept 24 for (get this) $40 Cdn. The price ordering on this site is $45 US. With exchange rate and shipping costs the savings is'nt $5 or $15 but a whopping $30!!!! Needless to say, any argument to convince me to purchess it online is ludicrious.

• 1 month later...

I guess I'm late to the party as far as the 2 CD special retail release of CMBB, but I have been regularly checking my local retail outlets (Best Nut, CompUSa, and Fry's) to no avail. Can anyone tell me (a) that it is has indeed been released, and (B) where in N. California (specifically Sacramento) where I might buy it?

I found and bought the special retail release for CMBO, so the local stores are aware of the product line.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ex PFC Wintergreen:

I guess I'm late to the party as far as the 2 CD special retail release of CMBB, but I have been regularly checking my local retail outlets (Best Nut, CompUSa, and Fry's) to no avail. Can anyone tell me (a) that it is has indeed been released, and (B) where in N. California (specifically Sacramento) where I might buy it?

I found and bought the special retail release for CMBO, so the local stores are aware of the product line.

Thanks in advance

Not to be obtuse, but did you ask anyone in the store, or just check the shelves? I got CMBB at EB in Canada, but they only had two copies come in. I was at EB today browsing, and noticed CMBO on the shelf, but CMBB was sold out. If you ask at the counter, maybe then can put one on hold for you?

Originally posted by ex PFC Wintergreen:

Thanks in advance

Actually it's possible that the three chains you mentioned don't carry it yet. I know that the CMBO Special Edition was delivered by CDV to EB and Gamestop first, and hit the other chains a few weeks later.

Martin

Canada's largest electronics chain, Future Shop,

is advertising in its national flyer (to Nov.20),

CMBB SE for $39.99. As we're talking Canadian $s,

this is the lowest retail price I've seen! I picked up my copy yesterday morning - there were only 2 copies left. They also had 2 copies of CMBO SE for $44.99. This is an historical event as I don't ever recall Future Shop ever advertising a bona fide wargame! (Not since Panzer General, anyways.)