Barbarosa to Berlin Retail

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

CMBB will be released as a special retail edition (PC only) in mid-October to North American retail. It will be a 2 CD release (one game CD v1.03, one bonus CD) for $39.90.

Martin

But if we wait for CMAK, we can get the retail version AND CMAK in a bundle, yes? </font>

Originally posted by Moon:

CMBB will be released as a special retail edition (PC only) in mid-October to North American retail. It will be a 2 CD release (one game CD v1.03, one bonus CD) for $39.90.

Martin

Ah, so, just out of curiosity, is the retail release of CMBB planned to coincide with, precede, or follow the release of CMAK?

Not that I'm fishing for a release date or anything. ;)

Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

And are there any plans to release the special edition of CM:BB in Eurpoe - either retail or otherwise?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm getting a bit confused by the whole thing too!

Regards

Originally posted by Nero's Cat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

And are there any plans to release the special edition of CM:BB in Eurpoe - either retail or otherwise?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm getting a bit confused by the whole thing too!

Regards </font>

Originally posted by Nero's Cat:

So if I were to order CM:BB Special Edition from eg Amazon.com, that would also presumably get round the SS/Waffengrenadier etc issue?

(Edited because it made no sense before!)

Presumably, unless CDV USA would decide to leave those in. Problem is that if a CDV USA product comes back to German, and German police finds a copy of the game with SS markings in your home, CDV could be sued and ... ahem... ehhh... yeah, right... hey, I think it's snowing outside...

Martin

Originally posted by General Brock:

Micheal Dorosh,

Are you suggesting that with the exchange rate, shipping (not to mention time waiting etc) the price of buying online would be CHEAPER than retail? CMBO is $39.99 at my local EB store.....way cheaper taking exchange and the other items I mentioned into account. CMBB will be too I think.

Who said anything about cheaper?

I said instead of paying 7 percent of your hard earned dollars to some fatheads in Ottawa who will just squander it on a new parkade for themselves in Ottawa, send your money direct to the guys who slaved away on CM; I presume they make (marginally?) more money on a game sold direct than via a third party retailer.

I agree with Michael on this one. Pay an extra $5 and let BFC get all the money. However, I will go ahead and buy the retail version. Not because it is cheaper, but because it is the 1.03 version and has an extra cd full of mods. If BFC would offer that, I would much rather pay the full price to them. But I will have to settle with letting CDV get part of the pie and saving $5 (I dont know where you are getting $15).

However, I did go ahead and buy a couple of books from them as another menas of support. :D

current price on here for CMBO ordering online is $30 US translated is about $45 Canadian...plus shipping around $53.... so with the $40 retail ya your right maybe $10 is more accurate as the differance in price. For me I also just prefere to buy retail if possible. And retail benefits Battlefront/Big Time by increasing exposure....hence everyone wins!!!!

Originally posted by jagcommander:

Rumor has it that you Canadians have only one more operational combat helo than you did 200 years ago. So it might come out your way this time, especially if we decide to send the Texas Rangers up there. We'll just tell 'em that some "ferrenners" have invaded far north Texas.

All the smoke from the forest fires will obscure their GPS signal; they'll have no damn way to find us!

Well, if it wasn't for the inch of <font color="white" font size=22>SNOW</font> we got this morning, that is... :rolleyes: