Export/Import unit tables

I guess this has been requested already, but just to be sure...

Well known, BTS doesn't like the idea of implementing any kind of campaign modus into CM. Well, okay, they have there reasons, and partially I understand them. However, campaigns were requested many times by many people. BTW, my personal idea of a campaign is a bigger version of operation, not a whole war issue.

So, if BTS won't do it, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't support third parties to develop something if they want to. The worst thing in a campaign is to keep track of any casualties. So I guess it would be a good idea if the CM scenario editor could be altered to

a) export/import a forces table into an extra file

B) (IMPORTANT) extract the surviving forces from a closed battle

c) join forces tables

The rest could be done manually without extraordinary effort, as I think.

Would an official please respond?

Originally posted by Scipio:

I guess this has been requested already, but just to be sure...

Well known, BTS doesn't like the idea of implementing any kind of campaign modus into CM. Well, okay, they have there reasons, and partially I understand them. However, campaigns were requested many times by many people. BTW, my personal idea of a campaign is a bigger version of operation, not a whole war issue.

So, if BTS won't do it, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't support third parties to develop something if they want to. The worst thing in a campaign is to keep track of any casualties. So I guess it would be a good idea if the CM scenario editor could be altered to

a) export/import a forces table into an extra file

B) (IMPORTANT) extract the surviving forces from a closed battle

c) join forces tables

The rest could be done manually without extraordinary effort, as I think.

Would an official please respond?

Second this.

Gruß

Joachim

Iam for the campaign mode,

because i like big battles en wanted to see how my compagnie survives during the war en progresses

example The soldiers who are fighting the first battle should be better then those who didnt. In that case your compagnie becomes more veteran than crack en some elite during the war. also reinforsments should be regular.

This way you can decide if you want your better troops to get better or your regulars get veteran.

i hope this will occur on the next engine

Originally posted by MAUS_TD:

Iam for the campaign mode,

because i like big battles en wanted to see how my compagnie survives during the war en progresses

example The soldiers who are fighting the first battle should be better then those who didnt. In that case your compagnie becomes more veteran than crack en some elite during the war. also reinforsments should be regular.

This way you can decide if you want your better troops to get better or your regulars get veteran.

i hope this will occur on the next engine

This is exactly what I do NOT want. I don't think that many frontline companys have survived the east front. The casualties were terrible. Indeed your company wouldn't get better...they would loose quality, cause they always would loose some veterans, too, which will usually be replaced be less experienced troops. Really, I don't want some kind of 'Panzer General'.

But in a timeframe of some weeks, maybe even 2-3 month...the timeframe of an operation (meaning not the CM kind of operation)

i like the idea of being able to play major operations such as stalingrad, mars, etc, with historical forces in play. the beauty of it is that bfc wouldn't have to actually design the operations. the detail-loving grogs in this forum(not me! i'm not one for a lot of details and design work) would do all that. they would just have to provide the code necessary to make that possible. easier said than done i know. but it would be cool...