Iron Roadblock

Originally posted by Sanok:

In a different thread, the scenario Iron Roadblock was discussed. I have the Special Edition disk, but that scenario is not there. Does it go by another name?

It's "The Iron Roadblock". If you already looked among those starting with "T" - tough luck. Maybe someone can send it to you, as it is not available at the scenario depot.

Gruß

Joachim

[ May 07, 2004, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: Joachim ]

Originally posted by Joachim:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sanok:

In a different thread, the scenario Iron Roadblock was discussed. I have the Special Edition disk, but that scenario is not there. Does it go by another name?

It's "The Iron Roadblock". If you already looked among those starting with "T" - tough luck. Maybe someone can send it to you, as it is not available at the scenario depot.

Gruß

Joachim </font>

Hi everyone!

I've also read the report of that action on a small booklet about small units and partisans operations on the eastern front, but I cannot find any KV 2 model in the BB game... I know only some 300 tanks were made of this model in the late 30ties, but I would have liked to see that giant in a close quarter battle...

For the designing of the scenario have you used the KV 1 model? The pity is that the KV 2 had a very powerful 105 mm gun which I don't believe can compare with the 75 mm the KV 1 used...

Later.

Errr,

I apologise: I'm a new CM player, and I haven't realised the KV 2 is called (quite rightly) the KV 1 1940, or at least I've seen some mods for it... I have to go home and check in the game... Or is just a 'graphics' mod, and actually there is NO KV 2 tank 3d model in the BB?

BTW I was always asking myself why the Soviets gave this tank the '2' definition, since I believe this was the first heavy tank used in battle, before replacing it with the KV 1...?

Just to clarify some details, KV-1 has a 76.2mm gun while KV-2 has a 152mm gun (howitzer?). And KV-1 m/1940 is not the same as KV-2.

KV-2 is in the game. But you have to change the date to early in the war (1941-42), as they were eventually lost in combat and production was cancelled (the design had flaws and had little use at the time).

Tank you Sergei,

I've checked out in the game as well as in the Valor edition (Small Unit and Partisan operations on the eastern front) of the battle... Actually I discovered the KV 2 as available as you write only in 1941-42 in the game... On the booklet I also found a picture of a disabled KV 2, but in the text it's not specified which one was blocking the german reinforcement to a German bridge head on the Northern front: they just write of a Soviet tank of the KV model... Yes, it seems the 150 mm on the KV 2 was considered an assault gun, and specifically I've read in this forum it was not allowad to use any other kind of ammunition other than HE: so no AP...

Thanks again to bear with my approximate considerations... smile.gif