WTF is cmmos?

Originally posted by Beer Rules:

All I did was ask a simple question and people started talking **** to me. Thanks to the few that did respond without being fsggots.

Oh, grow up.

What I've gathered from your wonderfully pithy posts is:

A) You're too damn lazy to do a bit of research yourself. Asking a question is usually what you do when you've looked and been unable to answer it yourself.

B) You have no sense of humor. Spend more than two minutes on this board and you'll see the vast majority of people here make you laugh, usually when you need it.

C) Judging by your outstanding grasp of the nuances of the English language you have been recently incarcerated, you're 16, or all of the above.

I hope this doesn't qualify -- as you put it -- as "talking ****." Because I wouldn't want to be a faggot.

[ February 26, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Ok, honestly, what is wrong with the way I talk? Is it because I say "yall" or I use "bad words"? Give me a break. Im a grown man, Ill say ****, faggot, etc all I want to, especially I you talk **** to me first. Jesus Christ, thats as lame as making fun of typos. Plus, I did a search, and I couldnt find what I was looking for. Anyways, who gives a **** if its been answered before? How long does it take to just tell someone?

That being said, sorry for making a scene, I know its just the ****ing internet, but some people piss me off!

Ok, honestly, what is wrong with the way I talk? Is it because I say "yall" or I use "bad words"? Give me a break. Im a grown man, Ill say ****, faggot, etc all I want to, especially I you talk **** to me first. Jesus Christ, thats as lame as making fun of typos. Plus, I did a search, and I couldnt find what I was looking for. Anyways, who gives a **** if its been answered before? How long does it take to just tell someone?

--snip--

As a transplanted southerner, I will make one attempt to clarify what some (at least I) see as a problem with your posts.

If you have spent any time reading this board, you should have seen many people giving others a hard time (about being French, Swedish, Aussie, Canadian, Texan, Californian, etc... and of course for being a feeble tactician, a lawyer, a doctor, and indian chief, etc. - ad infinitum.) All (with some few slight exceptions) are said in sport and with no ill will. The fellow/gal who gave you a hard time for being from Texas does not know you, and does not know that you don't have a New England accent (damn Yankees!) so his/her comment was obviously in jest. This board has a refreshing absence of gratuitous vulgarity and instead lends itself to the well turned non-vulgar insult. The age of the board members has been tolled several times, and the average number always falls in the late 30's, so simply cussin' at someone comes across as juvenile.

That said, I know you are NOT a true southerner.... it's spelled -- y'all... (before you explode...I would add a smiley if I were not allergic to them.)

That being said, sorry for making a scene, I know its just the ****ing internet, but some people piss me off!

BR,

Take some time, read a couple of pages of posts.....you'll notice that the cussin' is conspicuously missing. I suggest you take heed or you won't last long on this forum, this isn't meant as a reprimand, more a friendly caution.

KC

Beer Rules does have a point: it took about 13 posts of smart aleck comments and other extraneous 'witticisms' before someone deigned to give him the simple answer.

This might have been seen as humorous to those involved, but I can sense BR's frustration. As a new member he did not deserve to be treated in this contemptous and high-handed manner. Read it again and tell me that some of you don't come across as being arrogant.

I enjoy reading this board and delight in the intelligent wordplay that can be found amongst its members. But I also think that you could show more patience with those who you obviously see as not being up to your standards.

We all play the same game; we all enjoy doing so. In this, at least, we are equal. If you want to keep it among a select group by treating newcomers with disdain then you will hinder its development, and the world of CM will be the worse for it.

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

Beer Rules does have a point: it took about 13 posts of smart aleck comments and other extraneous 'witticisms' before someone deigned to give him the simple answer.

This might have been seen as humorous to those involved, but I can sense BR's frustration. As a new member he did not deserve to be treated in this contemptous and high-handed manner. Read it again and tell me that some of you don't come across as being arrogant.

I enjoy reading this board and delight in the intelligent wordplay that can be found amongst its members. But I also think that you could show more patience with those who you obviously see as not being up to your standards.

We all play the same game; we all enjoy doing so. In this, at least, we are equal. If you want to keep it among a select group by treating newcomers with disdain then you will hinder its development, and the world of CM will be the worse for it.

You mean it's not the moss that grows on pilings and slow moving ships?

I think you better look again.

--- snip ---

Of the 13 mentioned posts, only 4 even tangentially refer to the question... so it is 'silliness as usual.' He begins with 'WTF' - which in this group is paramount to trolling. No one (new, old, or otherwise) 'deserves' anything on this board. He got an answer within 12 hours (and 5 minutes of his last query), albeit with a few extraneous comments - which ain't bad.

Lastly, if YOU re-read YOUR post, I think you might find reason to 'point the finger of arrogance' at the fellow/gal looking at you out of your mirror.

I don't treat all newcomers with disdain - just potty-mouthed retards.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

My God, you sound like my mom when I was 12. </font>
That was - what - 2 months ago?

Read the FAQ thread - it will answer all the questions that you currently have and will save you opening up "WTF" threads on a regular basis.

You know, nobody MUST answer anyone's questions on this boarsds. It is not a duty of "old" players in any way. They are coming on these boards to enjoy themselves.

Many adolescent males have an illusion that they are special and that the world "owns" them something. This illusion is supported by the latest trends in Western pedagogy.

Unfortunatelly, in most cases,it is just an illusion. Leter or earlier young people must hit reality. Better is earlier (in my, not so humble, opinion).

I am a newb, myself. But if I have a question I would first search "Google" than these boards for a keyword; and then, if I still didn't find the answer, I may ask nice grogs here to help me.

I would never start my question from "WTF you moron fuggots are talking about..."

[snip...]

We all play the same game; we all enjoy doing so. In this, at least, we are equal. If you want your question to be answered, use words "please" and "thank you", and the world of CM will be the better for it.

Straif