Any Volkstrum Uniform Mods Out There?

Having a blast playing a Berlin Op and i noticed my Volkstrum boys aren't modded. They don't look all that bad, but was looking for something better. I didn't find any mods over at CMMODS, CMHQ, and Toms site. Have i missed something or haven't the Volkstrum uniforms been modded yet?

Originally posted by Erwin Rommel:

If it is ok with AndrewTF then post it over at CMMODS site.A few others have posted other modders works with permssion.That way it will be available for download again.

Yeah that would be great, hope someone posts it there for all to dl again. Love Andrew's work. ;)

Btw, will those old CMBO unis work with CMBB, after the renumbering? If so, does anybody have any idea what they would have to be renumbered to?

I started a Volkssturm uniform mod but never finished it. At one point a made a "Battle of Berlin" Hitlerjugend Volkssturm mod for CMBB but it looked weird and I think I trash canned it in a fit of frustration smile.gif

I could probably put one together pretty quickly out of my existing German uniform template.

To what extent can uniforms be ported from CMBO to CMBB ? I haven't looked into this yet, but it seems like the CMBB uniform is set up a little differently from the CMAK uniform, and resembles the CMBO uniform except that the piece for the main torse is narrower. Would it be possible to change the proportions of that one piece (stretch the length to double size in relation to the width), or would the arms and legs not fit on the resulting uniform ? The mchlstrt Volksturm uniforms were really great (very unmilitary looking) and it would be a shame not to be able to re-use them in CMBB.

Also, what is the linguistic relationship between strumpf and strumpet ? I wasn't aware that Witman ever photographed a Maus.

Ok--how are these?

vs2.jpg

vs1.jpg

vs3.jpg

First one is Volkssturm squad with M43 uniform and webbing Y-straps. Second is support units which are slightly different. Both have civilian clothes under their tunics. I liked the look of the policeman for the Volkssturm platoon CO, so I kept it but added a bit more detail than on the original. There are two different armbands. If you don't like one you can copy and renumber the one you do like. I might just include both as options in a separate folder. I still haven't done the company CO Nazi guy yet.

I did manage to find the Hitlerjugend Battle of Berlin mod. It's not very successful but if demand exists I may make it available. It looks a little strange when the old guy faces come up, and the platoon CO shares the cap BMP so he looks a little odd with his Polizei uniform and HJ ski cap.

Very nice work, as always. And thanks so much for including both sets of armbands.

When I think of the Volksturm and the last days of the war I am reminded of various photographs I've seen where the Volksturm are essentially wearing civilian clothes (non-matching jacket and tattered slacks that you would wear to clean out the garage on a cold day) with maybe one item of military wear in addition to the armband, if even that. So I guess what really floats my boat is the idea of decidedly unmilitary-looking Volksturm garbed in early Goodwill industries rejects, with an ammunition belt, an armband, and a Homburg (which can't be modded). And it would be even better if you could put each soldier in the squad in a different colored threadbare jacket. The problem here, of course, is similar to what happens when trying to mod the Maquis in CMBO.

I'd love to see that look in CM, but obviously it's not going to happen at this time. I debated trying to make a civvie clothes version of the Volkssturm, but decided it would look silly. Right now the three men depicting the squad are uniform in appearance and thus look better wearing uniforms. ;)

Andrew, on a diff note, im having trouble with 1 of your uniform mods, the mid-war SS Mountain company/battalion commanders right arm is messed up. I did a search and saw that there was a previous identical problem(over a year ago). Details here. Something about alpha channels. Anyways, i redownloaded the mod and still have the same problem. Could you, as you did with the other guy, email me the correct bmp please?

Originally posted by David I:

Meat,

BMP for mid-war SS Mtn Co Commander right arm is 9194. His left arm is 9114.

DavidI

PS - on the Gross Deutchland Div. web site, see resources above, they have a complete listing for all German, Russian, Hungarian, etc. infantry BMP's. Invaluable!

Thanks David, but im aware of that site and i kinda knew it was that 9194.bmp, but i wasn't quite sure. Thanks for verifying that.

But the problem is, no matter how many times i add that bmp from his mod to my bmp folder the arm bmp is still messed up. Even though it looks perfectly fine like all the uniform bmps when you view it outside of the game. Strange! :confused:

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by David I:

Meat,

BMP for mid-war SS Mtn Co Commander right arm is 9194. His left arm is 9114.

DavidI

PS - on the Gross Deutchland Div. web site, see resources above, they have a complete listing for all German, Russian, Hungarian, etc. infantry BMP's. Invaluable!

Thanks David, but im aware of that site and i kinda knew it was that 9194.bmp, but i wasn't quite sure. Thanks for verifying that.

But the problem is, no matter how many times i add that bmp from his mod to my bmp folder the arm bmp is still messed up. Even though it looks perfectly fine like all the uniform bmps when you view it outside of the game. Strange! :confused: </font>

Thanks von Lucke, but somehow, believe it or not, the bmp you sent me does the same thing. So i checked like 10 times now, it's for sure the mid/late-war SS mountain CO/BN HQ's right arm thats messed up. Ive tried overwriting the old bmp with the new one, doesnt work, tried deleting the old bmp and then just add the new one, still doesn't work. I also just checked all SS CO/BN HQ's uniforms for all mid/late war units and couldn't find anything wrong with them at all. Well, im now officially clueless.

I think maybe it has something to do with this "alpha channels" thing. Andrew said this in that other thread:

Yours looks suspiciously like when I accidentally same a BMP with the alpha channels intact
Im sure he meant to say "save" and not "same". Im hoping him or someone can help me out.