Propensity for AI to hit HQ tanks

Originally posted by Wolfe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by illo:

Ivan has sharp eyes.

:eek: Somebody is actually using my green interface mod?!? I'm flattered, but I assume you haven't seen Pakfan's mod? smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by illo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wolfe:

:eek: Somebody is actually using my green interface mod?!? I'm flattered, but I assume you haven't seen Pakfan's mod? smile.gif

Thanks, but I like this green color better. I've had pakfans mod, it's great but well... this green color is just so cool.

I'm only waiting that maybe someone someday releases "total conversion green interface" with redone arrow keys and all the other goodies. smile.gif </font>

The gamey trick above would not work against a human unless he fails to use a proper cover arc for the gun. This little characteristic we're discussing has been around as long as CM has been in existence. It has little impact on gameplay IMO. Just be aware that the AI will not necessarily target the first unit it sees, nor the closest unit. You can't push Greens into harms way shortly before Vets in an attempt to have the Greens draw enemy fire. It is also wise to let the TacAI pick targets in a target rich environment unless you have a specific reason for not doing so.

Reply from MadMatt when I emailed him with this query and a copy of the test scenario:

What you are seeing is intended behavior to help account for the ability of troops in the field to help discriminate HQ units. I had asked that Charles reduce the occurrence of this somewhat but that tweak is not going to be going into 1.03 apparently.

Matt

Originally posted by thewood:

I am not so concerned with the HQ id's, but the ability of the AI to discriminate experience and qaulity of the threats it faces. Any word on that.

I posted the entire reply from MadMatt on this matter. FWIW, I'd like to see more action to resolve this but I consider it to be a minor inconvenience rather than a game killing bug, since it clearly affects both sides. You can use it to your advantage, granted - but then so can your opponent.

Illo,

have you sent your scenario file to Madmatt?

Running an elite unit on the horizon, to get close to an anti-tank asset with less experienced units, seems very gamey and is a severe bug with EFOW rules.

It does not matter, that both sides are affected by this bug.

Tankist