Disappointing Stuka G-1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bastables:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Are you taking into consideration that the hits against the top armor are most likely striking at a very oblique angle and from much farther away than a 37mm PaK would be effective against a similar thickness of armor?

Michael

BK APCR shot will penetrate up to 140 mm / 100 m / 90 degrees, this is halved at a striking angle of 60 degrees.</font>

Tiger I too has 20mm top armor and can withstand even direct hits from IL-2's rockets. Non-uber pazers have very thin armor 15 and even 10mm.

Stukas were not deadly against tanks they sucked against tanks, just like every other aircraft. If anything I think the airpower is overmoddeled. Try setting up a somewhat realistic air-raid scenario with dozens of tanks being pounded by a group of about 30-40 IL-2s, only Tigers will drive (probably not) off the battlefield 30 turns later. And that's without the anti-tank cluster bombs proper approaches and formation flying.

In CMBB Tiger has 25mm top armor, (late model: 25 deck and 40 turret).Is one quarter more protection than a t-34 also 37mm Stuka gun seems more powerful than IL2 M3 sturmovik, perhaps one grog could say something about it.

I think than you are wrong when you say that all airplanes suck against armor, other airplanes are extremly lethal against armor, this one too, against T-70 by example. Sturmovik are terrible vs PzIII a Pz IV.

The problem was the perfomance of 37mm Stuka´s gun, I want to call the attention about this matter, could Battlefront or some grog player explain something about it?

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Well on the flip side i have just received battlefield intelligence that an ME-110 skillfully piloted by a Luftwaffe Ace has made scrap metal of some of Cpt.Cook's Soviet Armor.

The great thing about this game is that anything can happen!

If you would be so kind as to relay the source of that information...and I will have the relevant traitor plied with liquor and loosed upon this forum with extreme prejudice.

BTW I was saving that awful, traumatizing experience with that Me110 for an extremely pressing worthwhile, and absolutely relevant forum topic of its own, with an absolutely massive rant and not to mention hellfire fresh flame of Battlefront, "Paeng", and YOU to go along with it, Monsieur Focker!

Originally posted by White Phosphorus:

Tiger I too has 20mm top armor and can withstand even direct hits from IL-2's rockets. Non-uber pazers have very thin armor 15 and even 10mm.

Most sources state that un-guided rockets were practically useless against armor.

Stukas were not deadly against tanks they sucked against tanks, just like every other aircraft. If anything I think the airpower is overmoddeled. Try setting up a somewhat realistic air-raid scenario with dozens of tanks being pounded by a group of about 30-40 IL-2s, only Tigers will drive (probably not) off the battlefield 30 turns later. And that's without the anti-tank cluster bombs proper approaches and formation flying.
What, a whole squadron vs. 24 tanks? That's 2:1 --- not counting multiple passes! No wonder only the Tigers limped off the field. Try two AC (one primary + wingman) vs. 24 tanks if you want a little more "realism".

More information about perfomance Stuka g-1 guns.

It seems to carry 37mm flak 18 or 36/37, CMBB database penetration values.

500m

0º 30º 60º

HE 30 26 17

AP(lg) 38 32 21

if the attack comes fron 45º with normal "ap" shot, it should penetrate.If the stuka use special ammunition, like tungsten their perfomance will be greater.