cm mediteranean engine to use open gl for os x?

i was just curious if there had been any preliminary decisions made about:

1) using open gl for mac or mac and windows versions

2) continuing to support the mac ( os x especially )

i'm very curious what percentage of sales mac's currently are. i'd bet they either have slipped, ore will start slipping because of apple's discontinuing os9 booting.

if i can put in 1 request for the new game ....please make an osx version. i'd pay double for it!!!!!!!! oh well

The game is originally programmed on a Mac, so I don't think you have to worry about Mac support disappearing in future versions.

OpenGL is the graphics API that will be used with the next engine. Apple's OS X+ obviously requires this and it may be used on the PC for the convenience of keeping the code as similar as possible.

Of course there are a number of people complaining about the Mac OS X issues and CM. It's basically unavoidable since Apple hasn't ported RAVE over to OS X properly. Apple typically makes transitions that are very progressive, but are quite painful to certain segments of the developer/user community. RAVE games are one of the victims in this transition.

Sounds like unless my old G3 mac dies a painful death sometime in the next two years and is replaced, I'm going to be out of luck for CM3.

Of course, considering how my last mac died, a painful death and replacement in the next 2 years wouldn't be entirely unexpected.

[ February 06, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Sounds like unless my old G3 mac dies a painful death sometime in the next two years and is replaced, I'm going to be out of luck for CM3.
Probably, but it'll be because the video card can't handle it and you can't get a better one that's PCI. ;)

Seriously, though I haven't tried it, I'm pretty sure that ALL G3s with the possible exception of the earliest G3 PBs are OS X-capable. Not that I'm hurrying to put it on MY old G3....

I thought OpenGL was available for OS 9, too, so you may slide on that.