The future of cmmods.com is here!

Here's what you can expect at cmmods.com shortly:

cmmods_new.gif

A BIG THANKS TO KUMP AND GROG DOROSH!!!

Thanks to Kump for taking the many hours and long nights to research the info and provide it for everyone here. Without him, this wouldn't even be an option! (clap, clap, clap)

And to Grog Dorosh for organizing it and hosting on his website. I don't know why I didn't think of stealing it from him before now! ;)

As you can see, you can now designate the individual units that you are modding. You can select multiple units if you are doing a mod pack.

Also, there will be new views to search for the mods that will be sorted by the unit name, type and country. This should make things MUCH easier to find, and more importantly, easier for the modders to manage their mods. Hopefully, they won't be entering new mods when all they need to do is update the old mod.

Look for it in a few days, maybe a week at most. Thanks!

[ September 10, 2003, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: ColumbusOHGamer ]

This is great stuff. A problem I had just the other day I was digging for some snow mods for the PzKwIV. Doing a keyword search for pzkwiv snow, pzkwiv winter, pziv snow, pziv winter, pz winter, iv winter, iv snow, either as an exact match or a words or search didn't find the results I was looking for and it's probably because there's many different ways to enter that title.

If you can "pigeon hole" the uploaders into selecting the exact variant, it will make the searches that much more exact. As long as everything is covered, that shouldn't be a problem, but that job could be very daunting, I applaud your efforts here.

I don't know if you're planning on doing the reverse of this with the searches (same screen shot, but as a "what are you looking for?"-- a Romanian T-4G - J in this example). Maybe have the option for winterized or not.

Great job, very much appreciated as always.

Originally posted by GJK:

I don't know if you're planning on doing the reverse of this with the searches (same screen shot, but as a "what are you looking for?"-- a Romanian T-4G - J in this example). Maybe have the option for winterized or not.

Wow, have you been looking at my notes?? ;)Searching via a list units is in my Phase II plan. I may not have time to get to it for a few weeks though.

But I do like the Winter option. I'm thinking another field with "Summer" & "Winter" as options would be easy enough to do...

Glad you like the changes.

WOW! you just knocked my socks off. I had thought of something similar and actually mentioned it in a post sometime ago but nothing this good or elaborate. Outstanding job, idea wise and the work you guys put into it. A big guy hug for each of you. Man, this is going to be nice and when I say nice I mean real nice. :D

ColumbusOHGamer,

Oh no, you got that completely backwards. Its a BIG thanks to you. Outstanding work and outstanding site. Your MOD Database site and the Scenario Depot are CM Hall of Fame'ers GOLD.

Wonderful work, wonderful ideas. Thank you, thank you, thank you.