Is posible to make code mods to the game like in other games? Is it a pluggin architeture? (dont mean graphics, i mean code changes :) ).

Is there any mods out there or even new vechile's/units pacs and stuff out?

[ July 28, 2003, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: d34dm34t ]

The polygons are deeply embedded in the programming code. Can't be messed with, but at least CM's not likely to see stolen tank polygons show up in some fly-by-night computer game out of Zagreb.

BFC is working on a more 'modular' CMX2 for next time around, though. No telling what may be in store for us with that, especially with all the bells-and-whistles they're hinting at. I'd bet moddable polygons wouldn't be very high on their to-do list, though.

A lot of this has to do with the proprietary nature of the 3D engine BFC developed for the CM series. They have said in the (distant) past that they were reluctant to give widespread access to the source code and I don't blame them one bit.

Yes, it's a something of a shame since I'm sure there would be lots of excellent mods made (just look what has been done just modding the skins), but the current situation is much better for PBEM/TCPIP compatability. It also means we don't have to put up with 20 different mods for a Maus...