MOD Soviet T-26m31

t26m31_options.jpg

This Mods the Soviet T-26 model 31

Includes options for Tools & two different styles of Tactical Markings.

Regarding Tools & Equipment: It almost seems as though which & where Equipment would be mounted was up to whoever was holding the rivetgun at the time. I've incorperated Resources, Guesses & Artistic Liscense.

Regarding Tac markings: They're both based on something, with various levels of applicability to Historical Accurracy & Theatre Appropriatness. Second sentence above also applies here.

I'm on a Mac so I can't do CMMOS ((sad face here)).

Other T-26 varients, also Dirty & Winter to follow soon (for me).

I've also uploaded an update Pack for the Romanian T-26S & the Soviet T-26 m33, m35, m37 & m39.

For the Romanian T-26S there's a new option for Tac Numbers on the Turret side, based on a reference I recently found. All '1's & '8's of course (sorry).

The rest are improvements to Inner Fender & Gunbarrel .BMPs.

V2.2 of these Mods incorporate these changes.

MODDERS: I think I'm onto a Base Color process that's pretty good. Feedback on this would be appreciated, particularly from Windows Users as to how it looks darker.

It evens out the perceived Color, smoothes out the Shading, & breaks up the Banding effect, at least on my system. It's 5 layers that can be merged to 3, or even 2 in a pinch. If this interests anyone there are some Files at COG's site under 'SovGrn_color_layers' & 'SovGrn_color_quickstart'.

strt

[ August 20, 2003, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: mchlstrt ]

I have refs for Nationalist colors. I'll do the Finn T-26m33 up in those soon ( I swear, man). The m37 wasn't in there but there's also the Finn Vickers (T-26E in Finn service, I believe) if that's good for anything. I have no refs for Republican markings. I assume the base color was as it came from Russia.

strt

This is some beautiful work --- the T-26's have been needing a make-over for some time.

You going to throw in the OT-134 and T-26A too, I hope?

Oh, and one thing I noticed: The T-26S M39 shares it's .bmps with the T-26E Ekr. Only real conflict is that the 'S' doesn't have a rear turret MG, but the 'E' does.

Some Finns in early colors are up next, I believe. I was hoping the Finn Armour would do the same '100,000' switch as the German Armour around mid-war, but it doesn't seem to (unless I'm doing something wrong). I'll do the Camo versions also & you'll have to switch them.

I keep putting the OT-134 & the T26A back at the end of the line because I can't find much Reference for them. If anyone has anything on this it would be appreciated. I do have some Ref s for the 'E' but as you said it's the same textures as the m39 & OT 133. Maybe as an option at the very end.

MikeyD, that's a serious compliment coming from you. There's a little 'too much' Work there, as you can no doubt tell, but this is one place I can really overindulge the Rampant Perfecto side of my Nature. Thanks.

strt

• 3 weeks later...